Easter egg's.

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
There are a few of them that I have found. One is "No Mercy" at the end of the Apartment right before the safe house. There is a car about to fall in the room with its lights on. The license plate reads Pennsylvania so I would think that L4D is based in PA (No Mercy), NY (upstate NY resembles Blood Harvest), MA (Dead Air with Logan Airport), NH (sleepy rural towns).

The cereal box in No Mercy has the 10 characters of TF2 thing.

Also Louis has a watch that is called "designer" by the dev's in the commentary. It reads Left 4 Butt". :p

Computer monitors has Steam installed.

Computers on the side say "Beefy Computer".

There are a few of them that I have found. One is "No Mercy" at the end of the Apartment right before the safe house. There is a car about to fall in the room with its lights on. The license plate reads Pennsylvania so I would think that L4D is based in PA (No Mercy), NY (upstate NY resembles Blood Harvest), MA (Dead Air with Logan Airport), NH (sleepy rural towns).

The cereal box in No Mercy has the 10 characters of TF2 thing.

Also Louis has a watch that is called "designer" by the dev's in the commentary. It reads Left 4 Butt". :p
*Idk about that one actually. It could say built and I can't really read it. You can read it with the hunter rifle scope. **Wtf I hit the edit button.

Blood Harvest is in Allegheny National Forest from what you can see in the beginning on the sign, Allegheny is in PA, 4 hours away from me, took a trip there last fall.

No Mercy takes place in Boston I think, I know there is a PA license plate but here in PA we don't have a subway...or at least none that I know of. My friend from Boston says the subway cars resemble theirs and they have a Mercy Hospital.

In the No Mercy subway there is an "Orange Box" drink billboard, now with 94% Juice!

I dunno if it's really considered an easter egg, but the lawnmower in Blood Harvest is in tribute to Dead Alive.

Dead Alive?? I thought Braindead?

They are the same movie, it's just called Dead Alive if you live in the USA. I think they just changed the title to remove the confusion of "Evil Dead" and "Brain Dead" since they are similar movies.

My friend told me that he saw a pixellated Breen on a newspaper somewhere. I'll have to get him to clarify.

Been discussed - they simply re-used a model from Half Life 2.

That apostrophe is getting on my nerve's now.

Have seen some art hanging on the office walls that looks like the place that was the inspiration for de_inferno. I forget the name of the place, tho.

There's a Bull Squid in the advertisement for an aquarium by the stairs in the second level in the No Mercy campaign.

MA (Dead Air with Logan Airport)

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Having been in the airport a few times, I thought I saw a similarity in the seat layout in the terminal; it looked almost identical to those of Logan Airport.

Back