Eli Vance employed Gordon freeman and the G-man

masterchief

Reaction score
I a am new school fan but this is my theory :

Remember that Aperture science and black mesa were competing?

I think that eli contracted the g-man in half life 1 for some technoly that would allow them to surrpass aperture science (yeah you guessed that nihilant stuff) thats why back mesa surpased aperture science.

In half life 2 I think that eli contracted the G-man to only one purpose having Gordon to start the human uprising and damage the citadel period.

When Gordon arrived eli vance knew he would arrive thats hy they had ready his Hev suit because, they were expecting him otherwise why they had an hev suit? ,noody used it before Gordon and is quite strange that the sduit was just ready that day for him becasue nobody knew he was hoing to arrive that day "aparently".

We can see at the end of half life 2 that gordon completed his mission (the reason eli contracted him and the g-man) and that g man was considering other offers (I think the combine got interested in gordon like breen coments and wanted him for their own purposes and eli was not anymore "the highest bidder" , thats why vortiguants rescued him becuase they need gordon and the gman was not going to help the resistance anymore because they were outbidded

eli was killed becuase he didnot had a contract with the gman at that time

Trying to read your posts makes my head hurt. ;-;

It's an interesting theory, but I have my doubts about it, it's not very consistent with what we've seen so fan in-game.

It's true that Dr. Vance was seen talking to the G-man in HL, but it's very unlikely that he was his current "employer" at that time. Don't know if you're aware of it, but when G-Man rescued Alyx from the vicinity of BMRF he was going against his employers wishes since they thought she held no practical value at all.

As for the Vorts, its more credible that they helped Dr. Freeman out of gratitude for freeing them back in HL. Rebel humans have proven to be respectful towards them and esteem them as fellow allies against the Combine Empire, so I don't really think they acted against the G-Man because they were "outbidded". If they can keep G-Man away from Dr. Freeman they don't need to bid at all for his "services".

It's also very shady whether he's working for the Combine, but so far the result of every Gordon related action the G-Man has made has been against the Combine best interests.

Anyway, remember that every HL theory that fans come up with is only speculations and since is posted on a public board it's open to criticism so don't feel bad if we don't believe yours.

OP if you haven't paid attention to the story then some of your theories are false. Barney saw gordon coming since he was working at the checkpoint as you noticed from the game. then he contacted kliener about his arrival; which in turn would be enough time to have it ready by the time you arrive with alyx. also kliener could have been working on the new suit in the mean time of gordans absence. hes a friggin scientist.....they make shit all day long.

This is not a plausible idea and masterchief can't type.

/thread.

yakuruto thanks you are a smart member.
the freenan you are a noob what you said is a fallacy adhominim (i am smart)
Englosh os not my first language bu the way freeman click herewww.youfail.org

I a am new school fan but this is my theory :

Remember that Aperture science and black mesa were competing?

I think that eli contracted the g-man in half life 1 for some technoly that would allow them to surrpass aperture science (yeah you guessed that nihilant stuff) thats why back mesa surpased aperture science.

In half life 2 I think that eli contracted the G-man to only one purpose having Gordon to start the human uprising and damage the citadel period.

When Gordon arrived eli vance knew he would arrive thats hy they had ready his Hev suit because, they were expecting him otherwise why they had an hev suit? ,noody used it before Gordon and is quite strange that the sduit was just ready that day for him becasue nobody knew he was hoing to arrive that day "aparently".

We can see at the end of half life 2 that gordon completed his mission (the reason eli contracted him and the g-man) and that g man was considering other offers (I think the combine got interested in gordon like breen coments and wanted him for their own purposes and eli was not anymore "the highest bidder" , thats why vortiguants rescued him becuase they need gordon and the gman was not going to help the resistance anymore because they were outbidded

noidea.jpg

LOL! Just totally made my day:LOL:!

And for the theory: I don't think it's plausible. For the grammar and spelling: I thought it wasn't plausible, but you did it:eek:...(and that's NOT a good thing!)

Its emphasised a lot: G-Man and Eli had a mutual business relationship. I think G-Man is going to be effected (not emotionally, but you never know) by Eli's untimely death.

I worry about Kliener more than anyone, he's obviously being pushed around by Magnussun and he had a very close working relationship with Eli. Kliener's closest link into Gordon's little social circle is now through Barney, who has been absent through an entire portion of the Half Life series.

While your grammar and sentence structure is clearly unacceptable to the ordinary human's brain, I personally have abilities which far surpass many others of our species, and thus am able to decipher, at least partly, what you are attempting to communicate with us.

It appears that you believe that the Gman and his services were employed by Eli Vance himself as far back as the Black Mesa incident.

I think that this is implausable, as Eli had his own Administrator, otherwise known as Doctor Breen. Both the Gman himself and Dr Breen, also mention employers in HL1 and mention bids for Gordon himself near the end of HL2 implying that the position that Gordon is filling is open to anyone and not tied down to anyone specific (aka Eli). My personal opinion is that the Gman and his "employers" chose Black Mesa to back during the portal breakthroughs.

You also mention that Eli contracts the Gman to destroy the citadel. Evidence does point towards the fact that Gordon's services were taken up by the Resistance, so you're not providing anything new in that regard. Similarly we've already discussed in great depth as to why the Resistance expected Gordon.

Finally, it has also been mentioned and discussed as to why the Vortigaunts rescued Gordon and Alyx. Most evidence points towards the fact that the Resistance's contract for Gordon has ended.

As to Eli's death, no. The Gman had nothing to do with that.

So basically anything you've said is either wrong or has been discussed before. You say you're "new school"? So you realise - you're a noob. Get lurking.

Ah, Druckles, your arguments are sublime.

Will you be my man crush?

yakuruto thanks you are a smart member.
the freenan you are a noob what you said is a fallacy adhominim (i am smart)
Englosh os not my first language bu the way freeman click herewww.youfail.org

I'm a noob says the douche with 9 posts. Maybe you should learn "Englosh" better so I can actually understand what you're saying.

His spelling is better than the half of you lot. But hey, someone insulted him, why not join the wagon and try to be popular too?
Good theory, Eli might have something to do with Gordon's hiring, he may even be the person who hired G-man at the timeline of HL1, since they know each other, and G-man apperantly ****ed them both over their heads for his own agenda.
Anyway, good theory. And Salmon, what he meant was, G-man did not interfere with Eli's death, because their contract is over and he is not revelant to him anymore than a random resistance member being stepped on by a strider.

i bet its both :O

no but at least i have friends...btw lasa p?ster thx you are a smart person and very nyce btw i have posted a lot in b.net i am a legendary member to all those insultong me i will report
to the mods flaming someone in the internet will not give you friends .....

too many friendless not friendly people here i am leaving to half life fallout forums if i discover that the majoriyy of membres are like this

"Dont worry I get flamed a lot in b.net forums I woulnot be surprised to din mor inmature peole here"

:LOL: does that look familiar you idiot? You aren't a legendary member, you're just a liar.

ok look my acount http://www.bungie.net/Account/Profile.aspx?memberID=1194444 and one of my posts
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=17590432&postRepeater1-p=4#17593014 here you can see my status.
clearly I am not a forum noob i have more post than you

and no you cannot "has" friends

I am also a lituenant in rainbow six a brigadier in halo 3 I am not a noob you are reaaly inmature trust me flaming people you dont know will not get you friends , btw I will leave to the half life fallout forums

... no comments...

ha ha ha ha ha... ahem... sorry about that... it's just that those arguments were really funny.

Just in case masterchief reads this:

I believe that even if most of us have YEARS using one forum or another (I was even moderator in one a few years ago) if we just came here we're noobs in this specific board. As any human society, every forum has its own interaction dynamics and you have to get used to it or just leave, but looks like you already took the decision of not coming back. Doubt anyone will miss you or be sad about you leaving, with 11 posts and less than a month around here is very unlikely you made any "friends" here. It's the same for any halflife2.net noob like myself, face it.

Man if only we had some way of keeping the crazys out....

...Wait no, No! I don't want to leave! I like it here! No, no, NOOOOOOOOOO!

ok look my acount http://www.bungie.net/Account/Profile.aspx?memberID=1194444 and one of my posts
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=17590432&postRepeater1-p=4#17593014 here you can see my status.
clearly I am not a forum noob i have more post than you

and no you cannot "has" friends

I am also a lituenant in rainbow six a brigadier in halo 3 I am not a noob you are reaaly inmature trust me flaming people you dont know will not get you friends , btw I will leave to the half life fallout forums

Man, you have some serious problems. And they're not just to do with your spelling. So you're a member of "Bungie.net"? Wow, you realise that none of us here particularly care? If you don't, you do now. Your "legendary" status does not give you any rights here as a member or as an individual and linking to an account somewhere else in an attempt to impress at the very least provides us with a basic, but accurate, picture of yourself - a lonely person with little or no life and a desire for attention. In fact, the post and account you linked us to show far worse than that, detailing you to be a Christian fanatic, something which is not accepted in many places, and a post which provided little evidence to any respect you might have from anyone else, and contributed nothing to the thread at hand.

So to sum it all up, because I doubt you would be bothered to read the entirety of my post: we don't care!

You would do well to learn from this so you don't make the same mistakes again. Nowhere you go will anyone care, and no place that you enter will anyone give a shit. It's the case for everywhere and the case for everyone. It is your duty to entice us to care. If you fail in this respect, which you have, then you fail as a human.

As to address your noobocity directly on these forums, I believe that yakuruto has summed it up nicely: your status anywhere else doesn't affect your status here, and it is the same wherever you go. If I were the King of England, I'd still have to work up the respect here short of announcing myself to be an important public figure.

Announcing you're "leaving" also doesn't give you particularly much respect in the eyes of anyone else. We just feel like you think you've lost, and judging from most people's reaction to you, we'd be perfectly happy for you to do so.

Taking so much offense at being called a "noob" and then attempting to retort with the word "immature" is a fine example of a contradiction. If you figure out how to spell it, please look it up, because you've done it several times already.

Oh, and as for my personal opinion of you - I don't like you, because you fail to punctuate and capitalize your letters. If you fail to do this, you come off as lazy. Everyone knows that a lazy human being fails.

I really doubt he switched, I feel he was just curious, gave it a try and decided to try to cause some polemic in this or maybe some other forum.

He keeps saying everybody is immature but one of his first posts was a new thread called "Who's better, Freeman or the master Chief" or something like that...

I might venture to say that my troll detector went to the light-green-yellow zone

Sometimes HL2.net scares me. We hate him because he likes Halo? :(

(Halo really is putrid though.)

I really doubt he switched, I feel he was just curious, gave it a try and decided to try to cause some polemic in this or maybe some other forum.

He keeps saying everybody is immature but one of his first posts was a new thread called "Who's better, Freeman or the master Chief" or something like that...

I might venture to say that my troll detector went to the light-green-yellow zone

Na, he actually PM'd me to thank me for being nice. He is no troll, he's just new to Half Life, and is probably young.

Nah, I don't hate him and I love Halo too, I think I've played more Halo than Half-Life, including HL1 and expansions, HL2 and its episodes and Portal.

Well, good to know he's no troll, but anyway he should put all his overwhelming forum experience to try to conduct himself more adequately. Anyway, I kinda like his threads (except the Freeman vs. MC one)

How do we know that G-Man had nothing to do with Eli's death? Just throwing this one out there, but perhaps what mastercheif was saying had a little merit: in HL1, Eli makes a 'deal with the devil' with G-man to get ahead of aperture in portal research. G-Man carries out his side of the bargain, but, as we learn, tells Vance to "prepare for unforeseen consequences." The unforeseen consequences, of course, are the cascade etc, which G-man certainly engineered for some unknown other employer. In HL2, its quite possible that Eli & the rebels once again contracted the G-man, this time for Gordon's help fighting the combine. In HL2:EP2, using Alyx as an intermediary, G-man once again tells Eli to "prepare for unforeseen consequences," just as he did before the cascade. Isn't it possible that just as G-man caused the cascade, possibly as 'payment' for helping Black Mesa get ahead of Aperture, he caused Eli's death, as 'payment' for having Gordon help the rebels?

That may be true, at least partially, since G-Man tells Dr. Freeman in Episode Two that he would require some kind of payment for his help, though I'm not sure what that means or what help hes referring to (just deleted all local steam content so can't check right away).

Back