Episode 3 Displayed on E3 website

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdrive

Reaction score
Anyone else see the E3 website? It had episode 3 listed as a game being presented by valve, but the page has since been taken down.

Numerous other websites have reported the same thing.

The page URL was http://www.e3expo.com/?game_id=68

But now it just links to the main page.

Is there anyway we can track back the page?

I saw it for myself and i am not just saying this because i read it somewhere. I also saw a date of release as july, but surely i am mistaking because i doubt they would release it that soon.

Screenshots? Other links? I'm looking at the Valve page but it doesn't show any games.

Screenshots? Other links? I'm looking at the Valve page but it doesn't show any games.

Nope sorry. As i said it was on that link i posted, but it was taken down.

Is there anyway we can see it? I know there is a site where you can see previous pages that have been up.

Maybe.. link 'some of those websites that reported the same thing?'. One is bound to have taken a screenshot.

Valve have confirmed that they have a booth at E3, but so far all we know is that they'll be showing Portal 2.

There has been some evidence which hints towards Episode 3, like the dinosaur sound files released in the Portal Transmission Received Update. People who are still decoding those sound files have apparently heard characters such as Kleiner and Alyx talking. But as much as I'd like for them to announce Episode 3, and for Portal 2 to just be the tip of the ice-berg as it were, I have my doubts.

Valve have confirmed that they have a booth at E3, but so far all we know is that they'll be showing Portal 2.

There has been some evidence which hints towards Episode 3, like the dinosaur sound files released in the Portal Transmission Received Update. People who are still decoding those sound files have apparently heard characters such as Kleiner and Alyx talking. But as much as I'd like for them to announce Episode 3, and for Portal 2 to just be the tip of the ice-berg as it were, I have my doubts.

Really!? I need to update myself a bit now.
Anyway. I think Portal 2 will come out next year, and EP3 will come out at around the year after next year or 2013.

Portal 2 is coming out this year.

Yeah, I want to see the other websites that reported the sighting.

I don't even think the E3 website displays what the games are going to be... Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't even think the E3 website displays what the games are going to be... Correct me if I'm wrong.

They don't, all they show is the exhibitors and the locations of their booth(s)

Even if you change the value of "game_id=x", it still redirects. Fake.

You do realize that this thread is a year old, right?

Holy shit a dog is typing about its dog years, you've read it here first folks!

Matt that's broken. I got evidence here: http://www.techspot.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=344
Gabe: Everyone would quit if I tell them it's 5 years until HL3". That was in 2004. :p

Ok so your not satisfied with that scan? Ok well then I just spotted the real deal basically this time on shacknews, for real this time (or it may be L4D 3):

Valve, ever the trickster, has sent an e-mail out to members of the press from Aperture Science declaring the cancellation of the previously scheduled Portal 2 E3 presentation, which is to take place on Monday, June 14.

Within the email, written entirely in "character" from Aperture Science, is the promise of a surprise. Whether this surprise has something to do with Portal 2 or something else is anyone's guess.

My guess: Half-Life 2: Episode 3, which will crossover with Portal 2. The full email, which is hilarious, can be found here:

Dear Subject Name Here,

Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that we have partnered with Valve to announce the gala CANCELLATION of the June 14 Portal 2 event at the Regal Theater. The event will be replaced by a surprise. And even though the cancellation of the event certainly counts as a surprise, we are pleased to further announce that the cancellation of the event is not THE surprise. However, per International treaties regarding the definition of the word "surprise", of which both Aperture Science and Valve are signatories, the time, date and content of the actual surprise will only become available as you experience the surprise.

If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise or, more fruitfully, schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's Special Envoy to Surprises, Doug Lombardi.

Thank you for **RECORD SCRATCH!!!**

PS: The surprising record scratch is also not the surprise.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64064

Episode Three was listed there, yes. I saw it too, a couple of weeks back.

Episode Three was listed there, yes. I saw it too, a couple of weeks back.

You realize that "games lists" are not put up on the E3 website prior to the exhibition itself? Also do you not realize that the chances are overwhelmingly high that more than two people would have spotted this? If EP3 was listed then it would have been huge news and that news would have spread like wildfire.

THEY PROBARLY ANNOUNCE LEFT FOR DEAD III-XXVIIXX

FÜCK

PISS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back