Error with Paged Pool Memory Size. (Looping sound crash)

A

Axe

Newbie here ><

For Christmas my parents bought me a laptop. I've been using a crappy computer and I've been waiting for a better computer or lappy to run TF2, since I loved playing the first one. I installed it within the first day and it didn't work at first. I got a message about my Paged Pool Memory Size.

Then I installed the rest of "The Orange Box" package and I got into a game. I thought that that fixed my problem. I disconnected and joined a new server and I got the same message received the first time. I was getting pretty pissed off after getting a crash from about 10 servers.

I followed the link Steam gave me and to be completely honest it didn't do jack shit for me. So I googled the error and I came upon this page in the forums:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=131328

I was excited because I thought this would fix my problems. I instantly opened up my Paged Pool Memory Size and changed it to the 34mb one, 18000000 in Hexidecimal. I rebooted and thought I was in the clear. But it still didn't work, and I got the same error that I've been getting.

I have terrible luck with computer programs. I really want to play TF2. It looks insanely fun. If anyone can tell me how to fix it, I'd really, really like that. Thanks for the time.

-Axe

Lower the graphics settings.

The other alternative is to buy more ram. I didn't find any of the other fixes to work either and I really don't like messing with my computer.

Back