Eternal Silence approaches...

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
The deep space combat mod Eternal Silence, which aims to give us everything from capital ships through space dogfights to brutal boarding actions, has just been feature frozen. That means that they'll be spending the next few months bugfixing and polishing, instead of adding new stuff. The first release promises violent infantry combat, three fighter ships to pilot, immobile capital ships and "full physics control".[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]Hopefully, we should be playing this before the year is out. For more information, visit the Eternal Silence website and remember - in space, no-one can fear your spleen. Or something.

looks like doom3, which is a good thing!
very nice stuff, the only thing i notice is that their first-person weapon/hands look very dark, we have the same problem in a few of our maps.. :/
would be cool to get that fixed somehow

Yeah, does look a lot like Doom3. No bad thing though. Gameplay is all important.

First Person HUD looks pretty cool. I've yet to be convinced by the space HUD. We'll just have to see how it plays. Those new shots look awsome though :D

Been looking forward to this game. I'm assuming the only thing that'll be ready will be a deathmatch thing, no spaceship flying or anything am I right?

No. Read the newspost and you'll see you're wrong. Then head to the Eternal Silence website for the full details on what it will include.

looks goddamn awesome
after that assault map in ut2k4, stuff seems to be slowly inching towards the game I see in my wet dreams

The game I see in my wet dreams involves me, surrounded by hundreds of gyrating bvasgms.

Er, what?

Been looking forward to this game. I'm assuming the only thing that'll be ready will be a deathmatch thing, no spaceship flying or anything am I right?

Nope, spaceships will be included.

I'll give a cookie to the first person that can master newtonian flight when it's released! ;)

Still looking great. Their media has always been top notch.
Just from those screenies though, it looks like the HUD is quite cluttered with info. Hope that doesn't become an issue at lower resolutions.

Looks nothing like Dystopia or Planetside...

Looks allot like a dystopia rip off :/
Here we see, a Dystopian fan boy in its natural habitat. You will notice how he is still foaming at the mouth from the anger of realising the a double decker bus is nothing to do with hacking

Nope, spaceships will be included.

I'll give a cookie to the first person that can master newtonian flight when it's released! ;)

Pfft, Newtonian physics is so outdated. When are you going to upgrade to Relativistic physics? :cheese:

Zelda did all of this years ago, and it's graphics actually looked good. I'm tired of all these WW2 mods, we need something different for once.

Like a game set in the future where you can fly space ships. And has a cool looking HUD. Yeah, something like that would be awesome. Too bad nobody is making a game like that. . .

the first time i saw these screenshots, i was like 'man, is this another source game thatwe have pay?'. then i looked at their website and i was wrong. u noe, to me, i dun really care if this is a dystopia rip off or a UT ripoff, i respect the effort these guys made to create such a beautiful game.

Yep, this is going to be great methinks.

So this mod is like DoD in space...with ships?
Yeah, or like Red Orchestra with Spaceships in Space, minus WW2, or like Counter Strike with vehicles and in the future or...

And yes, we have put some work into this mod ;)
Takes some time to rip stuff off from other games and put it back together to make something...
something...
something unreal?!

:D

Greetings to all other mod devs, we don't get payed enough! ;)

Marc aka. QDog

Sound Engineer & Music Composer
ETERNAL SILENCE 2

http://www.chainsaw-project.com

I hear ya :D

I'm looking forward to Eternal Silence, you guys have done a lot of work. I especially love the fact that you're combining FPS combat with space combat, not to mention the way how you implemented the space combat (it'll probably be hard to master, but it's very original in this kind of game).

As for the new screens; I really love your hud ( I know how hard a decent hud design is, you guys pulled it off nicely with a lot of information on there ). For my personal taste this map could have more atmosphere with better lighting (e.g. more dark spots), but I also know you have to make a balance there with better gameplay.

Looking great so far. Can't wait to play it :)

It's an Age Of Empires rip-off. Obviously D:

/me jumps off bandwagon
No, it actually looks very nice and not dark. Which is an impressive feat as far as games in spaceships go :p

You've obviously never played Planetside...
No, i'm just an ex-DsV and ex-Sturmgrenadier member, having been playing planetside semi-professionally since beta... The screenshots remind me of planetside - like the architecture was built from the same concept art. That is all. Can't say i've played ES or even seen gameplay videos.

Back