Favorite metal band?

I donot know. Ive always heard and thought of them as like a hair and grunge metal combination...

Metal in general though, maiden is and always will be my favourite band... but as for hair metal, motley crue takes the cake any day of the week

+1 on Symphony X

If AIC actually count then sure, that's mine.

But for typical Metal fare it has to be Mastodon.

Right now on the side, though, Anaal Nathrakh do take my fancy a hell of a lot
Just thought I'd mention that both Anaal Nathrakh and Immortal have been confirmed for Brutal Assault 2009 in Jaromer, Czech Republic, which I'm thinking of attending. The rest of the line-up's not too hot though and it's looking like I'd have to go alone ;(

Just thought I'd mention that both Anaal Nathrakh and Immortal have been confirmed for Brutal Assault 2009 in Jaromer, Czech Republic, which I'm thinking of attending. The rest of the line-up's not too hot though and it's looking like I'd have to go alone ;(

I'm only hitting up Damnation and Square Festival this year - Damnation for the annual yearly meet up of the forum members and A Storm of Light, Manatees, Mistress, This Will Destroy You and Square for 65dos. On the subject, I heard rumours that Anaal Nathrakh might be doing Damnation again this year but that might just be confusion over Nathrakh members being apart of Mistress.

Hope it's true, though!

Aww...man, I have so many favorites :(

But I'll go with the band that got me into metal into the first place: Nightwish. Here are my favorites for Metal:

Nightwish
Edenbridge
Dark Moor
Dragonforce
Serenity
Serenia
Sonata Arctica
Stratovarious
Dream Evil
Delain

In order from favorite:

Mudvayne
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Duskfall

I have a bunch of other favorites too, but I wouldn't consider them metal: (no particular order)

Three Doors Down
Foo Fighters
Butthole Surfers
Bush
Nirvana
Three Days Grace
Guns n' Roses
Queens of The Stone Age
Led Zepplin
Eagles
The Verve
Lynyrd Skynyrd

I can't really listen to metal unless the singers are up to par with the rest of the band. That's why I enjoy Symphony X a lot. Russel Allen is one of my favorite vocalists, and paired with Michael Romeo's amazing guitar work, I love it.

Michael Romeo demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMmYTIMrZE&feature=related

And the full song (using a step-mania vid because it happens to be the highest quality version of this song on youtube):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfRsi-JWHhc

And from the same album comes this incredible song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdei...E91DF382&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=43

MY GOD MAN! That song from Symphony X is just incredible. I have to look into them. Thanks for the song!

Metal, **** yeah. If anyone is interested in metal with talent, check out the top releases of these bands. A bit of everything, from thrash to melodeath, to grind, to prog, to atmospheric sludge:

All Shall Perish
Anaal Nathrakh
Arcturus
Bathory
Between The Buried And Me
Black Sabbath
Burzum
Carcass
Chimaira
Converge
Death
Deftones
Despised Icon
Devin Townsend
Dillinger Escape Plan
Gojira
Gorguts
Isis
Mastodon
Megadeth
Metallica
Meshuggah
Neurosis
Nile
Opeth
Slayer
Strapping Young Lad
Tool

All great bands, especially at their best.

I'm sorry, I can't pick one.

Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Isis
Tool
Nightwish
Rammstein

Dream Theater is also awesome

new album is pretty awesome, I like it better than systematic chaos.

I still have to pick up the new DT album. Haven't listened to them in awhile though.

System Of A Down.

But, if you don't consider them metal, Lamb Of God.

Dream Theater is also awesome

new album is pretty awesome, I like it better than systematic chaos.

Both would be a lot better if they were properly mastered, and if Portny was banned from writing the lyrics :p. I love Dream Theater, but they they were greater in the 90s. Their live albums are incredible though.

what do you mean by properly mastered? I think the new one sounds great and isn't overly clipped like most new albums are. It may be a bit more than their earlier albums though.

I really don't listen to them for the lyrics which I don't care much about.

what do you mean by properly mastered? I think the new one sounds great and isn't overly clipped like most new albums are. It may be a bit more than their earlier albums though.

I really don't listen to them for the lyrics which I don't care much about.

See this thread.

Back