FEAR is coming to the 360!

Gargantou

Companion Cube
Reaction score
"F.E.A.R-mongershave long suspected that the frightenlygood PC title is a logical port to to the Xbox 360 due to the system-crushing game's technological kinship withCondemned: Criminal Origins. Fear no more. The contentspage from a future issue of OXM is touting the first screenshots of the 360 version. The headline says "The most destructive shooter ever!"
I'd post scans if I were allowed too but I ain't, and I'm too lazy to PM you guys, but I have two words... I like Game and I also find SSpots to be extremely bothersome..:rolling:

I thought the 360 already had that game and it was called Condemned :|

Hmm, it'll be interesting to see how well it plays compared to the PC version cranked all the way up. It should look great, but will it turn out like Oblivion with noticable framerate issues? Hopefully it'll actually take advantage of the extra power that the 360 has and that no one has seemed to tap into yet....

VictimOfScience said:
Hmm, it'll be interesting to see how well it plays compared to the PC version cranked all the way up. It should look great, but will it turn out like Oblivion with noticable framerate issues? Hopefully it'll actually take advantage of the extra power that the 360 has and that no one has seemed to tap into yet....

I agree about the framerate making or breaking FEAR on the 360. It didn't run very well on my x800 xtpe, even on conservative settings, and i'd only consider it on the 360 if it ran at full settings and didn't drop into the 30's during combat.

The frame rate isn't so bad in Oblivion btw - a little shakey outside at times, but still smoother than on my brothers far more expensive SLI rig. Inside it's perfect. Games like CoD2 and Kameo give some indication of what the 360 can do (i've yet to see a pc that could run these games as well) and these are still first gen/launch games.

So, whens it released? I still think FEAR is pretty average, but I'm just wondering.

Nice, I would have got FEAR for my PC if I wasn't afraid my system would just curl up and die upon trying to play the game.

Very cool. But one problem some of the crazy movie like moves you can do on the pc. You will never be able to do on the 360. Like

Jump Slowmo shoot guys head off - 180 turn - stop slowmo - slide - right before you hit the guy - slowmo - stop slowmo - through granade at someone - start slowmo - granade explodes you see shockwave while other guys you killed still falling or there pieces falling - stop slowmo - shoot guys head off - stop slowmo - 90 turn jump scissor kick last guy. start slowmo Right as he is dieing - stop slowmo when he makes the fall and you land at the same time.

That was the greatness of FEAR for me. It was insane, looked scripted what i use to do. Wish i could make videos of it you guys would love it.

The only hard bit would be a fast 180 turn - the rest is easily doable on a pad.

Warbie said:
The only hard bit would be a fast 180 turn - the rest is easily doable on a pad.

I can guaranty it wont look anything like or nearly as cool then on the pc. Words cant discribe what i did in that game.

Warbie said:
I'll have to take your word for it ;)

If you were able to record demos in FEAR id make movies but sadly FRAPS is crap and there isnt any other way. :/

Nothing wrong with ports, as long as they're done well.

Back