Final Level

J

jimg112332

I'm in the Citadel and just finished seeing Breen's second video and tossing the combine soldier into the cylinder of light to be destroyed. According to the walkthrough I'm using, I am now supposed to take the path to the right and approach the three vertical energy beams. The problem is that the entryway to this path is blocked by one of those blue security webs. It looks like some more combine soldiers were supposed to bust through the entryway and open it up but this hasn't happened. What do I need to do to get through the entryway and proceed with this final level? :eek::eek:

I can't remember how exactly the last level was, but I suggest you to look around yourself if there are any energy balls you can grab with your gravity gun? I think you can disable the forcefield that way

Why would you need a walktrough? The game praticly draws arrows on the ground for you to move in, everything is one-sided. It's a linear game.
When the walktrough says "turn left", for once, look in your monitor. The only way to go is left, anyway.

Go a little farther to your right on the main walkway around the cylinder of energy. That part trips me up sometimes too. :)

I only used a walkthrogh in HL2 once or twice, where I just couldn't see the next door. In the Citadel it is pointless.

Either way, grab some energy balls.

Why would you need a walktrough? The game praticly draws arrows on the ground for you to move in, everything is one-sided. It's a linear game.
When the walktrough says "turn left", for once, look in your monitor. The only way to go is left, anyway.

I totally agree. There's no need to use a walkthrough in any HL game (excepto sometimes I got lost in Opposing Force or in the original Half-Life, don't really know why though)

Yeah the original half life can get a little confusing sometimes.

I agree, we don't need walkthroughs, so neither do you. If your penis isn't as big as ours, this isn't the forum for you. How dare you play your game the way you want to /sarcasm

If your at the bit I think your at, I think you need to pull the energy balls with the gravity gun to get through. Posting a screenshot would help.

I'm in the Citadel and just finished seeing Breen's second video and tossing the combine soldier into the cylinder of light to be destroyed. According to the walkthrough I'm using, I am now supposed to take the path to the right and approach the three vertical energy beams. The problem is that the entryway to this path is blocked by one of those blue security webs. It looks like some more combine soldiers were supposed to bust through the entryway and open it up but this hasn't happened. What do I need to do to get through the entryway and proceed with this final level? :eek::eek:

Common sense is how you would proceed :thumbs:

Back