first pic :O

Mr-Fusion said:
Crying?

The screenshot looks like shit. -> FACT

Old screenshot? Technically this is the NEWEST (first ) screenshot of DoD:S we've been exposed to. I don't care what a Valve employee says they lie to us on a daily basis.

"Oh no someone has an opinion, I better flame them"

**** off.

ur 12 years old FACT

:hmph:

The DODS FAQ said:
Q: And what kind of map improvements we'll see? Just graphical improvements and/or actual gameplay tweaks to them? Like new routes and such stuff.
A: Primarily graphical. I dont know of any gameplay tweaks (piu,08/27/2004)

Q: will DoD use hunchbacks for their models like CS or stay with the current type of model???
A: DoD is not influenced by anything in CS. On another note, expect more detailed models, more field equipment on each soldier. (tw,08/26/2004)

Q: will you be using the half life 2 face morph technology with the voice commands and to express emotion during combat (ex. german shooting his automatic gun mg42/mp40 with an angry face)?
A: Yes but when is anyone's guess. (piu,08/30/2004)

If you just went and looked at the FAQ, alot of things are answered there.

http://www.dayofdefeat.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=39444

Mr-Fusion said:
Crying?

The screenshot looks like shit. -> FACT

Old screenshot? Technically this is the NEWEST (first ) screenshot of DoD:S we've been exposed to. I don't care what a Valve employee says they lie to us on a daily basis.

"Oh no someone has an opinion, I better flame them"

**** off.

They lie to you on a daily basis? Thats definatly a new one to me. As for having an opinion its not that people are flaming them for an opinion its that a 196x screenshots what they based that opinion off of. People are like switch hitters here going with the tide flaming than not flaming whining than defending. It's amazing to see how addicted valve has got people to their games that it creates such a chaotic community as this.

im scared that there may be alot of compitition of mods soon. we may be all soon fighting on an phsycological battlefield with other people over which is the best mod out there for hl2. It won't just be the Counter-Strike vs. Day of Defeat warzone once all these new mods are released. Prepare for war my fellow nerdlingians. Pwn some face my brothers, and stay loyal to mother DOD.

killahsin-[CE] said:
They lie to you on a daily basis? Thats definatly a new one to me. As for having an opinion its not that people are flaming them for an opinion its that a 196x screenshots what they based that opinion off of. People are like switch hitters here going with the tide flaming than not flaming whining than defending. It's amazing to see how addicted valve has got people to their games that it creates such a chaotic community as this.
Well not lies but a chronic habit of telling us things that never eventuate. They're not deliberately trying to deceive us...most of the time....but things just don't turn out as planned.

I somehow envisioned my first exposure to DoD:source to be different to a tiny piece of shit thumbnail that looks exatly the same as Dod 1.3 with better water.

Mr-Fusion said:
I somehow envisioned my first exposure to DoD:source to be different to a tiny piece of shit thumbnail that looks exatly the same as Dod 1.3 with better water.

you can't see physics in a screenshot ;)

IchI said:
O

M

F

G

DOD: Source looks shit. **** that. I thought they where going to redo it like CS: Source, well that game has just left my "I want" list.

well the dod team have stated that they will be redoing all the content, like CS:S was... so Im guessing that (and probably the HL:S) screenshot is just temporary/placeholder.. as they dont have anything major to show off as of yet.

heres a link to what will be in dod:s

I really hope they are working on it because it looks like sh*t. ;(

I don't think you can have an opinion just by looking at that pic.. it's so damn small you can't see the details

look at the bridge, that's not regular dod. Also, how can you analyze gun and player models from that shot. Pessimists I swear to God.

Ritz said:
If you just went and looked at the FAQ, alot of things are answered there.

amen. my favorite answer though would be

DoD FAQ said:
Q: Can we expect a melee attack on more weapons?
A: 90% (m_b,08/26/2004)

Sure call me a DoD Fanboy but to me if all they added to DoD:S was ragdolls I'd still fork over the 5 bucks for it (5 for DoD:S and 5 for HL:S). You people act as if the DoD team have had alot of time to work on the game and they haven't. They're a tiny team compared to the CS team and have been busy working to get CS:S out untill only a couple weeks ago. They plan to add alot more then you see in that tiny screenie and if I was to take a guess it would be closer to the 1.4 version (which they where working on) then 1.3 ie. with morter classes. Odd are DoD:S won't be out this year looking at the time it took to complete CS:S, so lets just set back and wait to see what other gems they show us untill then :E

Nah. For me it looks like 1.3. Damn look at the player model, like 1.3. Look at the gun, like 1.3, look at everything(without the water), IT LOOKS LIKE 1.3!! ;(

Back