Flying headcrabs and mechs?!

E

Eternity

The Gamespy staff were shown a 'zoo' of sorts at their trip to Valve. They had this to say:

The second area we went through showed off a few other new enemies, starting with a "turret class" camera bot, a flying headcrab and an assassin reminiscent of the female ninjas from Half-Life. We also got to look at some of the City 17 personnel, referred to as Combine soldiers, as well as the mech-like suits that some of them wear.

Holy crap! Did anyone else know about flying headcrabs!? Those little suckers with wings...arrrggghhh...and this little paragraph even mentions combine soldiers with mech suits - is it possible they can fire rockets?

If that wasn't enough:

Possibly the most interesting character of the bunch: a large robotic sidekick built by Alyx, known only as "Dog."

WHEN THE HELL DID THIS SLIP ME BY!?

Like someone else said for the dog thing, a sidekick for the sidekick

If I had to guess, I'd say the flying headcrab is the "manatee" thing we saw in the video. But we wont know for sure util Gabe answers my emails >:

EDIT: he just did! see my other post

provide the source of where you found this information...thank you.

Doubt the flying headcrab is the huge flying ship, the ship is more of an attack helicopter, except made by the combine (I guess).

There is a video where Gordon encounters some flying enemies which when hit with his crowbar, sent sparks flying so I assume they are mechanical. Anyone else know what I am talking about?

message me on "lacostegator" and ill send it to you real quick. im on T1.

i saw the video w/ the flying head crabs. Looks Vicious

nvm the video is at hl2central if you want to see it...i was saying message me on aol instant messenger and i would send it.

those weren't headcrabs: they were mechanical, with some sort of vicious looking fan. Knocking that one back into the shelf was awesome.

I think those little flying mechanical buggers are part off the combine forces. pretty cool enemy's

Originally posted by Eternity
Possibly the most interesting character of the bunch: a large robotic sidekick built by Alyx, known only as "Dog."

Like the robotdog Megaman have :)

Megaman was my fav game on Nintendo 8bit and still is one of the funniest games out there!

:)

e32k3-halflife2_pce32003_4dn_qt.mov

there yah go!

anyone.. I am looking for it to!

/me joins the line

thanks Evil that's a good vid. any others of those vids that got scenes that is not in the 600mb gamespy movie?

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
If I had to guess, I'd say the flying headcrab is the "manatee" thing we saw in the video.
The interviewer said that Zombies and Headcrabs come in multiple varieties...normal, heavy and sporty.

The flying headcrab could be a misnomer of the flying turrets. Or a variety they just haven't show us yet.

However, Considering the manitee looks absolutely NOTHING like a headcrab...i'm wondering what kind of crack you could be on.

We have seen three different things that fly (aside from birds and the Antlions which appear to be able to fly short distances). They are all different.

1. Manatee/Gunship thing: in the desert seabed vid: flies around firing it's big gun, has two flippers and a huge fan.

2. Scanners: metalic hovering thingies with one central camera eye. We've seen them in the teaser vid, as well as some concept art for them. I think they are also what Alyx hears in the character "Scanners!"

3. Rotor thingies: no name known: they are tiny, buzzing metalic enemies with fans on the front that appear to smash through obstacles. Vicious looking.

We have yet to see anything like a flying headcrab.

Originally posted by Apos
We have seen three different things that fly (aside from birds and the Antlions which appear to be able to fly short distances). They are all different.

1. Manatee/Gunship thing: in the desert seabed vid: flies around firing it's big gun, has two flippers and a huge fan.

2. Scanners: metalic hovering thingies with one central camera eye. We've seen them in the teaser vid, as well as some concept art for them. I think they are also what Alyx hears in the character "Scanners!"

3. Rotor thingies: no name known: they are tiny, buzzing metalic enemies with fans on the front that appear to smash through obstacles. Vicious looking.

We have yet to see anything like a flying headcrab.
this neither means they exist or don't exist.

Wasn't saying that they did or didn't, and indeed I thought the interview said that there were some. We've seen concept art of what looks SOMETHING new going on with the headcrabs: i.e. it's HUGE and the body is showing blackened orbs and... welll you just have to see it.

Originally posted by Apos
Wasn't saying that they did or didn't, and indeed I thought the interview said that there were some. We've seen concept art of what looks SOMETHING new going on with the headcrabs: i.e. it's HUGE and the body is showing blackened orbs and... welll you just have to see it.
i think they will be in it from what i've heard.. post the concept art..

take the w out of ur name and and another arc to ur n, and we've got u down pat ;)

Back