Fred Durst = idiot

Didn't he try to marry Halle Berry?

SearanoX said:
Abrasive? I can tell you that half of the music I listen to is far more abrasive than anything Nine Inch Nails seem to have put out.

I also listened to a good six or seven songs, which is nearly an album's worth of his music. However, if you want me to go for the extra couple of songs then I suppose I can do that.

This depends on what you're listening to. Through out his career, he has only released about four full-length LPs, but they all sound drastically different. The textural and musical differences between, say, "The Downward Spiral" and "The Fragile" are numerous. And if you want to count the "Broken" EP as well (and you might as well because of its significance) or remix releases... well, there's an incredible diversity throughout his material. Also, the albums work much better as a whole, with some tracks not really achieving their full effect until they're sandwiched between something.

I won't bother making reccomendations because I have no way of gauging what you're looking for in his music. But it would probably be worthwhile to check out a few more tracks before striking him off your list.

Regardless, however, he is a very talented bastard.

Steve Vai can only look on longing, Fred Durst is more successful AND a better guitarist.

Wow. WTF was that? I thought this guy was dead? Maybe he should be because no one cares about him anymore--it might bring his popularity back (yeah right).

Stigmata said:
It really depends on which song you listened to, and your current tolerance for abrasive music. It's kind of an acquired taste. So if you're not really into the harder sounds, you should try listening to Right Where It Belongs, All The Love In The World, or Into The Void. Those are a lot softer, you might like them more.

And his genius only really becomes apparent when you've listened to a full album's worth of his music.

Yea u need to listen to a whole album to really get into it.

Back