Freeman

Reaction score
There is one thing im wondering. If Half Life 2 is set 15 years after Halflife then wouldnt that make freeman about 40 now? . It seems to me that freeman wouldnt exactly be at his peak, swinging a crowbar around at 120 hits a minute takes some effort, even for a Scientist. And Dr Kleiner looked like he was getting on a bit in the first game so im assuming he must be about 60 - 70 by now.

P.S. Gordon looks almost exactly like this guy who lives with me. I dont have a picture but now especially since the new picture of Gordon came out (the one on all the magazines).

You are right...The same with G-man...He looks younger! LOL!

:bounce:

heh.. what are you on? :p
the G-man looks much older.. look at the wrinkles on his face \:

lol...I really wanna see gordan IN-GAME, or cant you ? hmmmmm, could you see him in the first on without cheats ? I forgot

You could see Gordon a bit in Op4, when he jumps into the portal to Xen, and also I think in Blue-Shift, when he's being dragged away from Grunts, but not very clearly. If you find a mirror you should be able to see Gordon, otherwise the physics engine is faulty :p, however the problem is finding a mirror or some such

You can probably see yourself in HL2, if you look in the water, or see a camera like the one in the video

That's something I mentioed on another thread that no-one read :-(

There are video cameras and reflective water so we should be able to see Gordon, what I wan't to know is if you are standing on a mirrored floor, wil you be able to see the bottoms of your feet like you can on any other game that has featured mirrors. It really is the most rediculous thing....

Heh that would be funny. It would be like being a backwards vampire. Seeing yourself in the mirror but not in real life.

I think in hitman they did it quite well, you could see yourself but you didnt get in the way of your FOV or anything. It would be nice to see that in halflife 2 but i doubt it will be there.

You can see Gordon in Blue Shift at the begining when you are trying to get into the door and he goes past in the train.

Originally posted by Hazza
You can see Gordon in Blue Shift at the begining when you are trying to get into the door and he goes past in the train.
he's right, at the start of half-life as soon as it starts u on the train u go past a barney with a torch banging the door to get into this room, in blue shift u get off the train and are locked outside, if u look at the train that passes at this point u will see gordon

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
There is one thing im wondering. If Half Life 2 is set 15 years after Halflife then wouldnt that make freeman about 40 now? . It seems to me that freeman wouldnt exactly be at his peak, swinging a crowbar around at 120 hits a minute takes some effort, even for a Scientist. And Dr Kleiner looked like he was getting on a bit in the first game so im assuming he must be about 60 - 70 by now.

P.S. Gordon looks almost exactly like this guy who lives with me. I dont have a picture but now especially since the new picture of Gordon came out (the one on all the magazines).

Not to be rude or nothin. But dude, wow, this is probably the stupidest and most pointless thread that has yet come to these forums.

Re: Re: Freeman

Originally posted by THUGENSTEIN
Not to be rude or nothin. But dude, wow, this is probably the stupidest and most pointless thread that has yet come to these forums.

That was very rude of you. This is definatly not the stupid thread that has come into these forums, I think the "Will my computer run HL2?" With a listing of state of the art computer specifications takes that prize.

Farrowlesparrow made a valid point. Maybe it didn't seem very original to you, but it obviously did to those who replied with intelligent responses.

Actually, by the looks of the screenshots and pictures and whatnot, it definitely can't take place more than 7 years after Half-Life. Otherwise, every returning character would definitely be visibly older and going grey, (even white, in Kleiner's case) where the screenshots depict them as basically the same age as they were.

And Barney doesn't look TOO different from the original... just looks like he lost a little weight and now lacks a helmet. Heh.

But didnt they say that it would be set 15 years after the first game?

Oh yeah and seriously how many meaningful posts can you have 3 months before the game is even released? I mean obviously there will be some but most of it is bound to be there just to fill time between now and then.

i think this thread is worhty is deminstrates a good point in HL2.i think u could see ur feet in hitman 2? i cant remember though. i dont really care if feet are visible or not. but definitly, im almost 100% positive there will be mirrors or water or what not. i mean cmon i bet there are bathrooms with mirrors in the jail that u get to go to in hl2.

Age doesn't matter. There's alot of sports professionals at 40+ still doing what they do and still good at it.

Back