Gamasutra Interview with Marc Laidlaw

Apos

Tank
Reaction score
You have to register to read it (free, but extensive), but Gamasutra has posted a long article/interview with writer Marc Laidlaw, who has worked on both Half-Life and Half-Life 2 by crafting the storyline and dialogue. There's some interesting info about how the stories on both games were developed, but the article is mostly about his own philosophy of storytelling.

There's a special treat at the end of the article, however: Laidlaw reveals two lines of dialog from Half-Life 2 (one cut out, one still in the game).

Sounds like: maybe this is more evidence that the "Combine" assimilate other races rather than simply destroying them outright.

Originally posted by Apos
Sounds like: maybe this is more evidence that the "Combine" assimilate other races rather than simply destroying them outright.

Apos, you're the man! :)

Hmm the lines certainly are interesting. I think the second one is definatelly said by the G-Man.

Now I think I know where the overall design of Gordon's physical features came from - look at Laidlaw's picture, that's DEFINITELY Gordon Freeman. lol

I dunno: remember that pic in which gordon had a rooster-like hair-cut? I can't quite see Laidlaw with that!

hplov.gif

Have you noticed the man falling from it's finger? It seems like it's kinda big...

I would rather not register with that website. Dont trust it with even fake info, lol.

Anyone care to break a small law and e-mail me the whole thing? lol

I have a feeling the first line (if it had not been cut hehe) would be said by maybe Dr. Kleiner, or possibly Alyx or Barney (though from Alyx's obvious dislike for the combine I doubt she'd say anything remotley positive about them hehe).

I dont think barney is that 3 dimensional... is that the term i was looking for? oh i dont know, sure, why not, you get the idea.. i think

your right about alyx, but Dr. Kliener seems more quiet and kept-to himself... atleast thats how i feel.. i dont know about you, you probably think different..

can someone email that article to me or post a link to it because im to lazy to register...and besides, looks sketchy

If someone could post it, that would be great :E . Sounds interesting but I dont want to regerster to other stuff. I'm Lazy.:dozey:

Back