Game crash, PLEASE HELP!

I have never had a crash in Episode 2, except when I'm being stupid with NPCs, like spawning advisors etc...

But I'm right in the middle of re-playing HL2 nd the Episodes after my steam ****ed up...

Anyone know how I can get my files:

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\Nicky0123\(blah)

to actually aligned to the games, my Gmod is empty but the file has loads in it...

Crashing

Hello everyone posting this thread, (I didn't read them all so don't flame me if I am reiterating something)

I have played the game through many times with no crashes at all nor frame rates below 30 fps. I have a Dell 5150 intel 640 CPU with a GeForce 7600GT, and most current drivers, 2 Gigs PC5400 RAM, 20" ViewSonic LCD. I don't get the "looping sound" or stuttering problems either like on my old system.

I'm pretty sure your problems are system compatibilty related, with the demands of the game. You may even have something running in the background that causes a conflict.

Here are some things you guys can try:
*Unload your Anti-Virus software
*Disable your internet connection
*play in "off-line mode"
*unload any startups using MSCONFIG from the "RUN" command promt in the start menu
*Try a driver "roll back" or just a different set
*Verify AND defragment the game cache using the Steam properties

If any of these work for you, post back and let us know.

Fido :thumbs:

I was kinda surprised with how many times Ep2 crashed too, this is the only Valve game that's done this for me. There was one part in the antlion tunnels where I had to crouch and look away from some antlion web in order for it not to crash. Then there was the part where the silo doors closed and Alyx and the vortigaunt started running towards me (this only happened on the second playthrough) and lastly, the final battle, where the game would crash as soon as the alarm started sounding (when the striders got too close to the base, also only on the second playthrough).

My game once crashed every time i killed a hunter just before the rag-doll physics took over. but it is fine now.

The only place I recall Episode Two crashing was just after you go into the mines after running from the Antlion guardian. This was a global problem, however, and occurred after an update from Valve. It was fixed shortly.

No other problems, apart from Episode Two or TF2 crashing if I have Steam Community Chat up (sometimes).

episode one only

Mine only crashes on episode 1,ive got all the latest driver updates for my video card, my specs are up to the game requirements.Mine usually crashes after loading a chapter when alex shoots the ladder to let you in the yard and she has the sniper rifle. A message comes up when it crashes saying half life has encounted a problem and needs to close,and a message from microsoft saying its the game engine thats causing the problem,and microsoft cannot contact valve.....seems the game program is the issue with mine and probably others in this forum..... my specs are ......AMD ATHLON 64X2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR......3072MB 3 GIG HARD DRIVE...........NVIDIA GeFORCE 8400GS 3D CARD.As i said it only crashes on episode 1 ,episode 2 runs smooth as, with no issues at all.

I get the same problem. I read on another forum that if you face the right side and then crouch and strafe left all the way to the web you can avoid the crash.

I followed the suggestion about crouching and looking away while walking through the section that causes the crash and it worked after a couple tries. Thanks!

freezing after about 15 seconds of gameplay

i have a freeze-up after about 15 seconds of gameplay. although i think it has to do with the monitor. I'm terrible with everything technical-related, so please bare with me if this is a simple fix. I just want to play the game. heh.

but yeah, for HL2 in the very beginning, I see the eye of the guy and he talks about "sleeping on the job" and then it crashes. same spot every time i try. however it freezes up and something pops up about adjusting the resolution or something?

i dont understand how it can play the game at a certain resolution, but just not past a certain point. doesn't make sense. please help me out.

Back