Garry's Mod question

J

Jwik

I just downloaded the GMod 9, and it says I need HL2, HL2: Deathmatch, and Counterstrike Source for it to run. I have all of those except CS:Source. So for me to get it to run, I will have to buy CS:Source? Is the same true for the $10.00 version off of steam?

you dont need to css you just need at least hl2 or css

I'm pretty sure you need CS:S and HL2. Some of the scripts require CS:S

"The final version of Garry's Mod, receives regular updates via Steam. Garry's Mod, has been available for purchase on Steam since November 29, 2006 for $9.95 (excl. tax.) and requires at least one Source engine game in the user's account to play, and therefore is offered in a reduced-price bundle with Counter-Strike: Source for those who do not meet that criterion."

From the wiki. That would mean I can play GMOD with only Halflife 2 installed right? I just want to be 100% sure before I pay for it. And I accidentally posted this in the wrong section. I would greatly appreciate it if this were moved to the mod section by a moderator. Sorry for the trouble.

mmm.. Yeah, it should be okay. But you won't get any CS:S models.

Ugh, now I have another problem. When I try to run GMOD9 it comes up with this error: MountFilesystem(241)failed: SteamMountFileSystem(3012,241,0x1756fc74=,0x1756fd74)failed with error 5:No Steam Content Servers are available

What am I doing wrong? :(

GMOD 9 requires HL2, HL2DM and CSS.

GMOD 10 requires one Source game only.

With Gmod 10 all you need is Source SDK. You don't even need Half-Life 2 or CS:S

With Gmod 10 all you need is Source SDK. You don't even need Half-Life 2 or CS:S

So tell me, where do you think you can get the Source SDK without having Half Life 2 or Counter-Strike Source first?

So tell me, where do you think you can get the Source SDK without having Half Life 2 or Counter-Strike Source first?

hes right :p Gmod is still technically a hl2 mod but only requires one full source game to work.

It requires ONLY files no game on account. But everybody know that sending GCF files violets SSA :)

Gmod9

Here is tutorial How do you get gmod9 work without hl2.

You Don't need Hl2!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQV8shE_bqk"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQV8shE_bqk

No you don't need HL2 because the Source SDK contains all it's content (except maps) anyway.

GMod 10, the Steam version, needs no CSS. I've been usig it for quite a while with no CSS now.

How about you consider the fact that noone supports or uses Gmod 9 anymore, mostly due to the fact that they've been banned from the game permanently by immature shits who know how to use lua and the fact that the real version stops shit like that.

Also, call me a douche if you wish, but I don't help people who don't have the latest version. I don't care if you can't afford to spend 10 bucks to get the latest version, I for one am not helping you.
Go to Garry himself and tell him to help your sorry ass and stop banning people like you from his forum so forums like ours don't get the fallout.

Guys plz help me im just getting gmod 9 just to see how is it if i should buy the gmod 10 BUT i only 3 source games who are : Left 4 dead half life 2 :death match and half life 2 lost coast i can play gmod 9 so?

Guys plz help me im just getting gmod 9 just to see how is it if i should buy the gmod 10 BUT i only 3 source games who are : Left 4 dead half life 2 :death match and half life 2 lost coast i can play gmod 9 so?

No. Deal with it.

You'll need Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike Source as well.

How can you have Lost Coast without HL2?

hey i have gmod 10 and team fortress 2, will that be enough for gmod 10 to work? i dont have source sdk because everytime i try to dload it it says "steam servers too busy" so will gmod 10 work?

hey i have gmod 10 and team fortress 2, will that be enough for gmod 10 to work? i dont have source sdk because everytime i try to dload it it says "steam servers too busy" so will gmod 10 work?

Yes it will work.

Back