Geforce4 ti-4200 8x

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RoMeRz

anyone have any ideas as to how the Geforce4 ti-4200 8x will run half-life 2?

cheers:bounce:

quite well. They're very good DX8.1 cards and believe it or not, nVidia's DX8/8.1 capabilities are pretty good. Don't forget, HL2 is playable all the way down to DX6 cards, so all lowend DX cards will be just as good as DX9, just with a lot less graphical effects.

will it be able to run as well as it does in the videos? or close to it?

what advances has DX9 have over DX8.1 ?

Yep, I also had that card. Gotta Radeon 9800 now. Romerz if you're asking cos you're going to buy one, PM me because I have one for sale. I did have a buyer, but he's disabled PMs

It depends on what settings you choose I guess. You could probably run it with max details (ie. detailed levels, models, textures), 800x600 (maybe 10x7) with 40fps, which is playable. Obviously minus some fancy DX9 features like the high dynamic range, water effects, some advanced shadow and lighting effects.
But I'd say it'd be possible to get about 60fps at 800x600 with medium details no problem.

lol nah thanks m8. Thats what i have already - just checking to see if my stuff will be able to play half-life 2 decent.

I've got a XP2200, 512 DDR RAM and a Geforce3Ti500 and I believe this will run just fine for me too.

I'm not prepared to upgrade at the moment so it'll just HAVE to suffice!

What you guys think?

The GF4 will be able to run HL2 at high details at a nice resolution. The bad performance of the nv3x cards don't apply to the older dx8 series.
You won't have the specific DX9 effects and shaders, but about 90% of the effects will be visible.
It won't have HDR, soft shadows and character bump & specular mapping. The last one will have the biggest impact, no fancy Antlion Guard from the HDR video.

logo.gif

read the stiky at the top of the page.

It will run the game fine w/o the dx9 effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back