GLaDOS... Still Alive?

Tyro76

Reaction score
I think we all have wondered if GLaDOS ever really DID "die" in the blast or whatever. When I looked closer at the ring lying in front of you during the end scene with the yellow dot thing, I believe I saw it lit up or flashed. Could that just my failure a hint of upcomming events?

(just to let you know im new here and isnt very informed. :x)

i think shes still alive.

damn i rly need to upgrade my computer rite now portal 1 lags when i see portals so i rly need to upgrade for portal 2

She is still alive. It was confirmed on Gameinformer previews.

Thanks mait! That good news! Ive been missing my daily dose of neurotoxic gas :D!

The song was the clue. You can destroy the physical form of GLaDOS as you did in Aperture Science but she exists as a digital being in many places (probably). We could speculate dangerously and say that potentially there could be a version onboard the Borealis.

But hey, who knows? We must tread carefully as this kind of conjecture brings the pitchforks out.

I must assume from how she sang that she was still alive, that she is indeed still alive.

especially since she described basically how you destroyed her :D

Of course she's still alive. How could there be a Portal 2 with no GLaDOS? Haven't you read the wiki?

I think they drive the point home pretty damn hard with the end of the song.

And believe me I am
still alive.
I'm doing science and I'm
still alive.
I feel fantastic and I'm
still alive.
While you're dying I'll be
still alive.
And when you're dead I will be
still alive.

Still alive.

Still alive.