Gmail, Suks ?

Gorgon

Reaction score
Google Snooping Gmail Accounts............. :frown:

Darknest sends word that his Gmail account has been terminated by Google because of suspicious files stored in his account. According to the user, he admits to having a few cracks and key generators on his account but is unsure how Google found out about it.

Darkrest suspects that the Google bot which searches for certain key words for advertisers is doing more than just searching advertisement phrases; he claims that the bot is also searching for words that are associated with illegal files, such as key generators and cracks.

read more :
http://spdrivers.net/sp/article.php?story=20041106131602560

I don't really care if people read my emails, not like I write something that people care about anyway...

Shouldn't be having that crap in his gmail in the first place.I to don't have a problem with it...like you said..They only search for KEY WORDS.Not like they are reading your damn love letters...

If he's got cracks and key generators on his account, then I can completely understand why his account was shut down. I'd expect the same from any other free e-mail service.

"The user doesn't deny having illegal files stored on his PC, however states that Google has no business looking at his emails."

Hey, moron. If you're abusing the service, then they have every right to intervene.

A bot is scanning your mail. Whoop-dee-****ing-doo.

The idea is not having illegal things in your gmail account rather that they could find it. What stops them from trying to find other things?

If the government wanted they could probably make gmail look up things like: Saddam, bomb, George w. bush DEATH!!!.

then they will follow you even though you had nothing to do with it, cripple your life, freeze your assets and explode the world.

Gmail stops terrorism

edit: why the hell terrorists will use gmail beats me.

This is kinda like saying "my teacher found cocaine in my bag, but she shouldn't have been looking anyway!!111"

LAYP said:
If the government wanted they could probably make gmail look up things like: Saddam, bomb, George w. bush DEATH!!!.

lol, I bet their web spider just flagged that up for review ;)

I don't think Google wants to turn GMail into a peer 2 peer network for illegal stuff. But it works very well, just put a few songs in your email and mail 'em to your friends :E

PvtRyan said:
I don't think Google wants to turn GMail into a peer 2 peer network for illegal stuff. But it works very well, just put a few songs in your email and mail 'em to your friends :E

they can't get you for that, I always use www.yousendit.com anyway.

It is in Google's best interests to ensure their email system is not used for illegal activity.

Gmail does suck. Its disorganised and never seems to let me attach things. However it has a good file space, so Im happy

well its not a person its like a net nanny it just searches to for particular words and if it does find it it red flags it ...and then people read it ...i think thats how it must work.

Fat Tony! said:
Gmail does suck. Its disorganised and never seems to let me attach things. However it has a good file space, so Im happy

Then you must be using it wrong. I use it all the time for attachments.

disorganised ? i've found gmail to be one of the most organised email client's i've used.

Good for Google, hopefully more accounts will be closed in a similar fashion.

i love gmail, so far it's been really good. And i dont have to delete and spam filter is decent, unlike Hotmails....

I just an invitation and I'm quite happy about it. And I don't care if my mails are scanned on things like this, I've got nothing to hide.

I'm surprised it hasn't gone public yet though. Now would seem like a good time imo.

Then you must be using it wrong. I use it all the time for attachments.
whenever I attach anything it tells me its server is busy and I should try again later :\

there is a 2 meg limit on attachments, but they dont actually tell you this. quite possible your attachment is too big.

Dax said:
I'm surprised it hasn't gone public yet though. Now would seem like a good time imo.

If I was Google, I would stick with the current invite system. As it stands it is only being used by people who want an email account, rather than spammers and bots signing up for hotmail accounts.

I love Gmail, it is the best email for keeping in touch with friends because it slots whole chains of emails into one, therefore keeping track is easy. I use it all the time now.

Proper Use. You agree that you are responsible for your own communications and for any consequences thereof. Your use of the Service is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the Agreement, including the Gmail Program Policies ("Program Policies"), located at http://www.google.com/gmail/help/program_policies.html, or such other URL as Google may provide from time to time. You agree that you will use the Service in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence. You shall not, shall not agree to, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to: (i) use the Service to upload, transmit or otherwise distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, contains viruses, or is otherwise objectionable as reasonably determined by Google; (ii) upload, transmit or otherwise distribute content that infringes upon another party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary, contractual or fiduciary rights or obligations; (iii) prevent others from using the Service; (iv) use the Service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose; or (v) act in any way that violates the Program Policies, as may be revised from time to time. Violation of any of the foregoing may result in immediate termination of this Agreement, and may subject you to state and federal penalties and other legal consequences. Google reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service in order to determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.

End.

Back