Gordon = Gman??

A

Armageddon00

Think about it.. Why wouldnt the Gordon want to save his ass? Lets say that the Gman is an aged Gordon who survived the Combine and wants to change what happened. And along the way he makes his life a little brighter (ie Alyx).

Nah, they look nothing alike. Besides, Gordon is clueless and G-man is all knowing.

I thought of this theory, but i dont think so..just the eyes alone tell the story..doesnt freeman have blue eyes? and gman has brown ones..plus they look nothing alike...sorry man..try again :p

Well... if you think about it, the G in Gordan and the MAN in FreeMAN add up to G-man...

I dunno why people think this. If this is the case I'll seriously be disappointed. I seriously doubt that Gordon is the G-Man. First Gordon doesn't talk at all lol and second they look nothing alike.

G-man is probably trying to help Gordan stop himself from turning into... well G-man!

Pressure said:
I dunno why people think this. If this is the case I'll seriously be disappointed. I seriously doubt that Gordon is the G-Man. First Gordon doesn't talk at all lol and second they look nothing alike.

Well with age comes wisdom and wrinkles my friend i think i see resmblance and why not? why wouldnt gordon want to save his own ass?

i thought this too before hl2, but now, its completely not true

Next time use the search button, please!

SkateXer99 said:
Well... if you think about it, the G in Gordan and the MAN in FreeMAN add up to G-man...
Well the G-Man got his name from the community because his model was named gman so everyone started to call him so. Actualy he still has NO name.

Littlex said:
Actualy he still has NO name.

Thank you for pointing that out for all to see. I hope some people can understand that the G-Man title is just used for reference purposes, so that everybody knows who that character is. His actual name has never been brought up in-game.

In any case, the whole "Gordon Freeman" theory is really just grasping at straws.

Let's assume that Gordon is the G-Man. Why would he risk killing himself? If you didn't join him in HL1, you were sent to your death.

Foxtrot said:
Did Valve give him the name G-man?

Yes, they did. But in all likeliness, this was probably born out of the community's establishment of that name.

The model was called "gman" and "G-Man" is short for "Government Man". The reason for calling the model that is most likely no deeper than the character looked like one.

Players see the model.

Players don't know what to call that character.

Players decide to just call him the G-Man since that's the only thing they know him by. Alternatives like "Mysterious Briefcase Dude" and "The Angry Paper Bag" don't roll off the tongue as nicely.

Gaming community unanimously accepts the G-Man title in reference to said character.

Valve decides that, hey, this is what the community knows him as, so why not just call him that? Any way, it sounds kind of cool.

bJARKE said:
Gordon Freeman ???

You may be right.

I'm honestly having trouble figuring out wether this is sarcasm or not.

I really hope its sarcasm, please people let this bullsh*t theory die..its completely false

LOL i really nt think thats wt g-man stands for. it doesn;t even make any sense.

I believe it.

There are many things that point to it, first when you ...well if you do look at the two pics on the Collector's edition up close. The G-Man and Gordon are very very very very similar, their eyes are also the same, in pretty much every aspect he looks a LOT like Gordon...just aged. And it is funny how the G-Man is always watching Gordon, he always happens to save your butt, or be there at the right "TIMES". He also at the end of the original HL said something about people that surivive like Gordon does rather reminds him of himself.

I do believe the G-Man is Gordon, never made the name connection. And yes Valve did give the G-Man his name, I remember them calling it that before HL was officaly released.

dont believe it

He never at any point saves you.

The gman is watching you because he is your employer, he is keeping an eye on you, and personally for half life 2 valve just wanted to keep with the tradition of like in hl1, where he was watchign you.

And no valve didnt give gman his name at all, it was given to him by the fan community, thats why on planet half life they call him man in the suit. Simple as that.

And he said the thing about people who survive in Opposing force, and all i think it is is a reference to gordon.

This is UNTRUE.

sounds too "Back to the Future" for me....and doesnt G-man have hazelish blue yellow eyes?

I remember seeing the box art for the front with Gordon on, and the front with G-man on a while ago, and i remember seeing and being intereseted in the colour of both Gordon and G-Man's eyes being the same, I may have been wrong at the time though, have to check it again, but i'm sure they are that greeny colour.

Apparently Samon you never played the original HL. Because there was a point where he opened some doors for you when your about to be killed by radation...or monsters. Go back and see what I mean.

And yes both their eyes are the same.

Well Skate...just look at the G-man in the game, his eyes are green...and I think the box art is resemblance of the characters...notice that Alyx looks the same in the game as she does on the box! Wow!

So nice try there, so no those two do have the same color eyes and look quite similar.

TheStorm said:
Apparently Samon you never played the original HL. Because there was a point where he opened some doors for you when your about to be killed by radation...or monsters. Go back and see what I mean.

And yes both their eyes are the same.

First of all, you're thinking about a different game. At no point does G-Man "save your butt" in Half-Life. He does, however, save your but in OPPOSING FORCE. And his comment about how survivors remind him of himself? Given to you in OpFor, not HL. Two different games. Two different characters. So unless you want to start arguing for Adrian Shepard being the G-Man, I think you can toss this bit out.

Also, this has been discussed before, and the relationship between both characters eyes turned out to be nonexistent IIRC, since their eye colors apparently weren't the same.

I'll save you all the trouble, gordon is the bastard child of the gman and lamar. Hoouuuuuuuu! Twilight Zone shit.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

On a more serious note, I really don't think this is going to be the story. HL is about dimensions, not time.

The G-man seems to refer to time a bit though. I'm not saying it isn't about dimensions, it's just I remember the G-man speaking a bit about time.

A_Denial said:
The G-man seems to refer to time a bit though. I'm not saying it isn't about dimensions, it's just I remember the G-man speaking a bit about time.
Time, as in it is time for this post to die.

Indeed, why bring this up with a 47:th thread of this Gordon-man thing?
G-man = Gay-man, nothing else.

Well at the beginning of Half-Life 2, it shows the Gman talking. You can see atleast three scars under his nose (Not talking about the thing everybody has, don't know it's name). So maybe Gordon cut himself shaving or something. Who knows?

I think the primary problem with the gman being future Gordon is that that would take Gordon out of our hands, and Valve seems pretty adamant about making us BE Gordon. That's why he doesn't talk, that's why there isn't a lot exposition by the NPCs, and that's why there are no cutscenes.
At no point since the beginning of Half-Life 1 has Gordon done anything on his own, it's all us. For the gman to be Gordon would require the player to no longer be the controller of Gordon's actions at some point, and I don't think Valve wants that.

I think the Gman is a projected image from yet another dimension. The face behind the Gman would have to be a powerful telepath, but think about it. That's why he can appear and vanish like he does, it's why he can act so calmly in dangerous situations, and the conversations at the beginning of HL2 and the end of both games? I bet that he's just imposing his thoughts directly into Gordon's brain and making him think he's seeing and hearing the gman when there's nothing actually there. Perhaps the gman is ex-combine (the real combine aliens are apparently powerful telepaths), or perhaps his race has the same origins as the combine, but took a different evolutionary path.

G-man is Gordon's sex partner.

I know G-man showed up in HL:eek:pposing force, and i didn't get to play that :(

Did he have any significant role in the game as well?

dovoxove said:
G-man is Gordon's sex partner.

I know G-man showed up in HL:eek:pposing force, and i didn't get to play that :(

Did he have any significant role in the game as well?

He sure did. He had sex with Shephard throughout the whole game.

Not to mention that on numerous ocations the Gman reffers to you basicly as a pleb.

ie.

some ordinary guy who has realy realy shitty luck but has a nack for guns.

not to mention that would be the cheesiest and gayest storyline twist ever in a game, as well as the fact that if you are the gman and he keeps you alive from Hl1 to hl2... then who kept him alive since there was no gman to keep him alive..... its a paradox.

ie... if you go back in time and kill your grandfather when hes a kid then how do you end up getting born and going back to kill him?

Back