GTA IV.. A GTA Clone?

Yea, if you listen to the police scanner, as long as you scare a person with your gunshot the police scanner will say something like "we've got a firearms discharge at *address*" then you get a star.. That was in the other games, but not nearly as sensitive, this one you shoot once and have like 80% chance of a wanted level, the others you'd have to waste an entire clip at a car, and you MIGHT get a star.

I had a ****ing annoying run in with the cops today. I was doing a mission which involved taking out a bunch of guys in a house and as soon as I brought one guy down the cops were on to me. So I ran away, thinking that perhaps I had to be in the house with the bad guys to kill them so that the cops don't see, and I came across the typical WHERE THE **** ARE ALL THE CARS empty road annoyance. I was running away from these two on foot cops for so long that I got 2 stars, which just added to the time I had to get away from them.

Anyway, I got away from them, went back to the house, killed one out of the 7 or 8 guys then the cops are on to me again. I clear out the downstairs of this house and then the cops start busting in whilst I'm on my lowest health. I tried to get upstairs and away from them to kill this last guy because I really didn't want to start getting into NOOSE firefights but because I'm rushing I run right into a guy with a shotgun at the top of the stairs.

Well f'kin annoying.

When I was doing that mission I hid across the street and called the police a few times. They cleared out the entire house without me having to fire off a round. The only dumb thing is that I automatically got two stars after they finished off the last person... I only wish their mission scripting was a little more flexible. Also, that whole empty road thing is the worst.

Oddly though, I did that mission today without alerting the police at all. Cleared out the house well quick - the combat shotgun is a blessing. I always throught the small stocky shotgun was the riot weapon because of it's size, but apparently the more older fashioned looking rifle is automatic so I swapped and busted in cleaning the room out in about 5 seconds.

I guess I'm too use to the two shotguns in COD4 and ignorance in general towards weapon statistics. In COD4, the small one is an automatic whilst the longer one is semi-auto. Got a lil confused.

Back