Hack This Site

meh, got to level 5 in about 10 mins.

Dunno how to do it though... i keep working on it ;)

I'm stuck on level 1!!!!!!! I'm just an idiot :eek:

the pass for 1 is in the source its insanitypepper
for level 4
just remember that when u download it the file ur using is not on the server so shortcuts tha coders use to obtain files from a directory will not work u have to make it think like its on it by using the whole link.

Warning if you dont know html coding your hopeless past level 3

ur hopeless past 1 actually im stuck on 5 now any clues i just need a clue nothing else.

Arrgh!

Stuck on lvl 4!

I've put what I've done in the attachment.

Possible spoiler so don't click the attachment unless you've already solved it.

What am I doing wrong?

MrMethane... make sure the browser has actually loaded your changed source file (simply hitting save in notepad will not do this).

(currently on 7)

Arrgh!

Apparently my e-mail server didn't like where that mail was coming from...

Tried it using a different account, and voilà! Thanks anyway MrD!

EDIT: doh! never mind, I had crap-typing syndrome.

This is pretty awesome, too bad i know nothing about hacking...

Wow, this thread was brought back from the grave, back when the forums were good...

;(

btw i'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but follow the link to www.hackthissite.org and you can find more stuff on there. There are some "realistic missions", though i haven't tried any yet.

I am having trouble working out what to do on level 8 at the moment, I don't think i know enough about PHP to do what I think I have to do.

i got to level 5 and couldnt be bothered... i know you can use telnet but.... yawn...

I completely missed the idea of this thread.

Originally posted by |MaTT|
i got to level 5 and couldnt be bothered... i know you can use telnet but.... yawn...

Lol, what is it with people these days. If its not easy ...

Alright for 5 how I know I ahve to change the Sam's adress to mnie and I can do that but how do I get the page to recognize my changes?

Originally posted by MrD
Lol, what is it with people these days. If its not easy ...

Im just too lazy to download a telnet client when i could do soemthing more usefull like watch rocco loves jenna for the 56th time...

Originally posted by |MaTT|
Im just too lazy to download a telnet client when i could do soemthing more usefull like watch rocco loves jenna for the 56th time...

useful?!

watching tv (?) is more useful than expanding your knowledge of the world?!! actually, um ...

This is great!

Finally beat level 5. But it pissed me off that using command line telnet screwed things up for me, it took a long time to figure this out. Also, for the life of me, I cannot figure out why just using Proxomitron didn't work.

Well, finally cracked number 8. It turns out that it had nothing to do with what I originally thought. I got suspicious about a little something I didn't understand and decided to learn up on it. And voila!

I'm buggered if I can work out 9 ...

So you cracked level 7, eh? I'm finally getting somwhere with that, but all I get is a message saying:

"You're on the right track, but please stick to commands relevant to the challenge - I couldn't REALLY allow every single command..."

just tell me if i need any external software for any of the levels?

Wraith: I haven't needed any yet, but use hyperterm instead of telnet.exe if you should find yourself wanting to use a telnet client *cough*

Just hacked level 8! I love how they sometimes give you little hints if you're on the right track! This is kinda like an adventure game!

Originally posted by Wraith
just tell me if i need any external software for any of the levels?

Nah, you just need notepad and telnet which both come with windows (these have done me as far as level 9, and I don't think i need anything fancy for 9 either).

MrMethane, what problems did you have with telnet?

Originally posted by MrD
MrMethane, what problems did you have with telnet?

Actually, it's probably more a problem with cmd.exe (I have the same problem with netcat). When I paste several lines at a time, it doesn't keep up. There is a buffer setting in cmd, but that seems to be only for command history.

Oh, I used netcat for Windows, thats an external program, but it small and free.

Also, for level 10, I used an eval. version of Webproxy2.1 by the guys formerly known as l0pht. There are probably other ways to do it, but it seemed foolish not to use it when I was fairly certain it would do the trick.

Ok, so what about level 11 and 12? I can't use them. I got a pass for level 11, but it doesn't give me a new mission.

This was really fun! I think I'll try the "realistic" ones next.

rofl i remember this back in the day, they had a chan for it it too. i did this about half a year ago. if you gave the answers to other people in the chan you got banned lol. some noob asked me for level 5 i gave it to him and got banned and never went back :\

i was on level 11 when i quit tho

pretty good find synth, brings back tons of memorys of me banging my head on the keyboard ;)

Its well 'ard. Im stuck on Level 5.....but not for long!

ok im on lvl 4 and iv saved it with my e-mail and the 5/4 thing fixed but i cant work out how to get it to look for the file anywhere other than on my computer. Any help?

PS i dont think im doing badly considering iv never used html before.

scrap that! just worked it out then :)
[edit]
Acctualy scrap that too :(
iv got the general idea now (linking it to a whole address) but im not shure what that address should be :(

and scrap that too! just worked it out :)

level 5 here i come.

Back