*****Half Life 2: Aftermath**** Expansion pack coming summer

Is this for real? this answer so much, and i'll be so happy.

"[Aftermath] deals with the events and issues set in motion during Half-Life 2. You've done critical damage to the Citadel. The whole place is going to go up, taking out City 17 and what's in its immediate radius. You and Alyx are leading the flight from the city getting up close and personal with some of the creatures and sights from the end of the game." Interestingly, the assumption that you continue to play as Gordon isn't justified anywhere in the text; it's possible - and perhaps more likely given the game's ending - that you play as someone else instead.

They both lived! And we find out what happened next, so many people will be glad to hear that! Awesome if this is true.

Summer eh?

I can't wait to play this in November! :p

Should be fun

This is PC Gamer's (UK) next cover story, so expect more info when the mag comes out.

Murray_H said:
Summer eh?

I can't wait to play this in November! :p
AHHAHAHAHAHAHA :|

Just kidding, that gave me a good laugh.

Looks pretty cool.

It got me so excited, but have been burned on "expansion" stories before, so I just emailed Gabe. Will post if I get a response back.
Hulk

Does anyone here subscribe to PC Gamer UK?

I wanna see some screenshots.

As much as I would have preferred to play a "7 Hours War" expansion, this will do just fine thank you.

Interestingly, the assumption that you continue to play as Gordon isn't justified anywhere in the text; it's possible - and perhaps more likely given the game's ending - that you play as someone else instead.

I dont want to play as another character

I'm kinda surprised that Valve didn't just save HDR and The Lost Coast to plug into the expansion, instead of releasing it by itself.

westie said:

What the hell does it matter? It's not like Gordon is exactly the most expressive character in the world.

Sure, Gordon is cool.....but does playing another character actually make that big of a difference?

Does anyone here subscribe to PC Gamer UK?

I wanna see some screenshots.

Read the firggin article. No real info and no shots in the PC Gamer piece.

westie said:

You played Barney and Adrian before, so what's the problem?

I hope that Valve doesn't turn this into a Alyx romance game, but I think they have too much class for that.

Dagobert said:
Read the firggin article. No real info and no shots in the PC Gamer piece.

A 10 page article without a single new screenshot.

Hmm.....

EDIT: I read the article. Where does it say no new screenshots?

Some details courtesy of a poster at Fallout:

*SPOILERS*

Gordon and Alyx survived the explosion. Now they fight out of City 17. One screenshot shows you with Alyx in City 17 streets with an Ant lion guard (the big one) and a Combine Metrocop. Alyx is firing at the Ant Lion. The Citadel is still standing.

The idea is that with the Combine failing, all the locked gates have been unlocked and City 17 is in a bit of chaos. Lots of things are speculated.

*END SPOILERS*

Also, there was a interesting snippet on The Lost Coast. It said minimum requirements is a 3.2GHz processor, 1GB of Ram and a top end graphics card! Wow.

SFLUFAN said:
Also, there was a interesting snippet on The Lost Coast. It said minimum requirements is a 3.2GHz processor, 1GB of Ram and a top end graphics card! Wow.

OUCH! I've got a 3.1 Ghz processsor. I'm gonna try for it anyway!

DarkStar said:
What the hell does it matter? It's not like Gordon is exactly the most expressive character in the world.

Sure, Gordon is cool.....but does playing another character actually make that big of a difference?

If it has more story behind it, Yes...

now please announce Team Fortress 2 pleaseeee !

So I've been looking at the article and it's much more than just Aftermath.

The new shots of the Lost Coast look AWESOME!

Damn, I'll have to get PC Gamer on the way home from work now. CURSES.

DarkStar said:
OUCH! I've got a 3.1 Ghz processsor. I'm gonna try for it anyway!

*phew* Thankfully I can safely OC my 3.0ghz to a 3.2.

But what kind of stuff would they have that'd require a 3.2ghz processor?! Are they jacking up AI and physics as well?

Cypher19 said:

But what kind of stuff would they have that'd require a 3.2ghz processor?! Are they jacking up AI and physics as well?

Yeah, I was wondering that as well.

I thought Lost Coast was mainly about crazy graphics.

....who do you think we play as in HL2AM? gordon or someone else?

Sars said:
....who do you think we play as in HL2AM? gordon or someone else?

It's too early to tell.

The article doesn't offer any hints one way or the other.

Ahh summer.. That will give me more than enuff time for me to get the latest Graphics card... Plus more questions..!! will we be able to see Xen, will that fish creature who i cant spell but sounds like a dinosour come bak!! Did G-man Recruit Alyx as well!! Find out in Summer 05, i mean Winter 06,

he mentioned in the article something about antlions changing sides. Does anyone reckon that the combine will fight with u because the city is being bombarded with enemies and the combine see the bombarding enemies as a greater threat than u and dont attack you.
jus a thought

Cypher19 said:

Perhaps they have implemented a variety of the CSS bots, who don't use preplaced nodes to navigate around, and take a huge chunk of the CPU. Would be nice though, not that HL2 AI is bad, not at all, but that would be a nice step up :)

OK I have the pics,
I can see no evidence of gordon from the screenshots(HEV suit arm etc) but alyx is there, the physgun (garrysmod, E3) stalkers look like they will be a bigger part this time, but the citadel is still standing, also there are screens of the lost coast, the graphics look insanely good.

Pc gamer seem to think you will play as gordon.

My theory, the gman actually stopped or froze or even reversed the explosion, saving gordon and alyx.

It's annyoing that the latest issue of PC Gamer has probably been delievered to my flat, but I'm not going to go back to my flat till next week.

Back