Half Life 2 and Team Fortress

G

I'm not sure about this

Will Team Fortress 2 come with Half Life 2 or will it be separate?

Do we know this yet

No, TF2 will come out shortly after HL2, then we'll get DoD2 and CS2 mod and retail versions after that.

damn nation, i have no money!

Will CS:CZ and DoD2 use the same engines then

i heard CS:CZ was on an old Quake engine:dork:

Yeah, CS:CZ uses the a modified HL engine. DoD2 will be Day of Defeat for HL2.

Do we know for sure that the retail mods will be retail only, or will they be like they are now: you can either buy the cd or download them?

TF2 is definately its own game from what I can see, but I haven't heard much about Dod or CS2

Of course, it wouldn't be (relatively) all that hard to mod up a free version of TF for HL2 anyway.

i won't buy DoD2, not worth it!

or CS:CZ, i would only buy the single player game as it is worth the £40 u pay for it

Day of Defeat will ALWAYS have a free mod version, Waldo said so.

I don't know aliencowboy...

I think people shouldn't be saying that DoD2 and CS2 will be coming until the official announcement from either the mod team or Valve.

Waldo and the other team members are employees of valve. They control everything about their mod, because it's THEIR mod.

er

TF2:
Originally was meant to be its own game, however things have changed and there is no word from Valve yet on TF2. Perhaps it will be a standalone game or a free download if you already own HL2.

CS2:
I remember reading an interview a long time ago from a person at Valve saying that CS2 was being developed by the CS maker(forgot his name). CS:CZ is NOT CS2. CS:CZ is using a modified HL engine and will be playable with people who have regular CS. As far as I can tell, the maker of CS has been working on CS2 for over a year at least.

DoD2:
DoD2 was never announced however I suspect that there is an extremely high chance it will be made.

Best Case Scenario:
TF2 and/or CS2 are released as "official" mods for HL2, just as TFC was made for HL. Then later DoD2 is released as a free mod later.

Worst Case Scenario:
HL2 has simple multiplayer like original HL, perhaps a couple of extra features. TF2, CS2, and DOD2 are all released as stand-alone games and we have to shell out $50 for each of em.

I think the truth lies somewhere inbetween. It would be extremely awesome of them to make TF2 the official multiplayer part of HL2... It would be like getting 2 games in one. That would be great. However I personally don't think CS2 or DoD2 are going to be ready until long after the release of HL2. DoD2 I dont think was even considered yet since they've been working with the Retail DoD recently, and there is no rush to bring CS2 out because CS is still making money and they hope to make more with CS:CZ.

Originally posted by 2ltben
Waldo and the other team members are employees of valve. They control everything about their mod, because it's THEIR mod.

It is not a mod anymore it is a retail game..It is valves property, If valve members other than the dod team say to put something in or change something, they do it...They can fire the whole dod team and just put other guys on it if they want to.

Originally posted by Shockwave
It is not a mod anymore it is a retail game..It is valves property, If valve members other than the dod team say to put something in or change something, they do it...They can fire the whole dod team and just put other guys on it if they want to.

Surely the DoD team would have some ownership of Dod itself though? It was their idea and everything, right?

Besides, Valve are nice people. :cheese:

no its valves property once it went retail...and even before that its built on valve technology so in a way its always theres.

Im sure the dod team wont stick together, and its very possible they are woking on other projects with valve also...

i just hope they make TF2 similar to TFC. CS is a great game and all, but they better not make TF2 more CS influenced. if i wanna play CS ill play CS dammit :p. i wanna see some concing, rocket jumping, capturing the flag, and all of the other great effects TF(C) made famous, all in TF2.

Originally posted by broken
i just hope they make TF2 similar to TFC. CS is a great game and all, but they better not make TF2 more CS influenced. if i wanna play CS ill play CS dammit :p. i wanna see some concing, rocket jumping, capturing the flag, and all of the other great effects TF(C) made famous, all in TF2.
One can only hope so. However, you never know; Valve is a company and, as we all know, profit is the foremost thought in a company's mind. At this point, TFC is more like a small niche community. There's no longer the widespread popularity it once enjoyed -- they've moved on to CS. This makes me think Valve may make it more like CS, because CS is more mainstream. I hope I'm wrong, but you never know.
-Vert

damn if Valve will release CS 2.0 and DoD 2.0 as retail only...well its the esiest way to get more money...but DoD 1.0 was just released as retail i dont think they will release DoD 2.0 when HL2 has recently come out.

Back