Half-Life 2 at ECTS

SpuD

Reaction score
This year's European Computer Trade Show will be presenting Half-Life 2. The ECTS takes place from August 27th-29th in London. They may just show the 25 minute e3 video again, but there should be some new information.

"Valve joins Vivendi Universal Games UK to present Half-Life 2 for the first time in Europe at ECTS in London, August 27th – 29th 2003

Valve, creators of Half-Life, the world’s largest PC action gaming franchise, will team up with Vivendi Universal Games UK (VUG UK) at ECTS (European Computer Trade Show) in London to present Half-Life 2 for the first time in Europe.

In development for the past five years, Half-Life 2 was first unveiled in May 2003 at the E3 games convention in Los Angeles, where it received over 12 Game of Show accolades as well as E3’s Overall Game of Show award.

At ECTS the majority of the VUG UK stand will be solely dedicated to Half-Life 2, which will be presented by Valve inside a purpose built soundproofed amphitheatre."

Take a look at the entire news post for more details.

Does it mean HL2 is right on the sept. 30th schedule?
I'm confused.

dudeman someone in the gernal disscution board already put this, but its good you were on top of it ^_^

Yeah, but this goes on the main page(once its up), and mine is better than his. And then this is stored neatly for others to look at, the general discussion forum is filled with spam.

i hope they will give some screen or summit of TF or the MP

yeah i kinda figured there kinda stengy with new media.

I've seen enough of the game. What I really want is a firm release date that we can all go by.

Originally posted by Arnaldo42
I've seen enough of the game. What I really want is a firm release date that we can all go by.

I definitely agree. The previews are only making me lose my sanity

Originally posted by )[eVo]( Para
I definitely agree. The previews are only making me lose my sanity
Sanity?? Ohhhh, that... I lost that years ago.

redrum

I agree with you.

The video is enough for me as long as the game comes out on sept. 30th. :)

In the 3drealms Forums somebody said valve had shown too much of the game. that's bulls**t.

No news since 4 1/2 years and then a 25 minute video of ingame footage, but not only... it includes techdemos, too. things you will never see in the game!
I don't think they've spoiled the surprise. :)

Of course not, whoever in the 3d realms forum that posted that was just jealous and lashing back because of thier lack of DN:Forever media

Originally posted by MrWhite
Of course not, whoever in the 3d realms forum that posted that was just jealous and lashing back because of thier lack of DN:Forever media

lol

...and joe the webmaster of the forums said in referent to this statement something like:
"and people wonder why we don't release any info of DNF"

damn.. joe felt confirmed. :)

Hmm... I believe there is a firm release date. Its sept. 30th:p Valve never officially said otherwise, therefore that IS the date as of now.

They haven't said otherwise, but they have said no comment to everybody who aks about it.

;)

Errr.... but they have not said its a diff. date, therefore its sep. 30th.

the official release date is sept. 30th. no discussion needed. :)

i think gabe doesn't respond this question because he thinks everybody should know it in the meantime.

Back