Half-Life 2: British Comedy Edition

Kangy

Reaction score
Okay, something I've been thinking about for a bit now.

Basically, what I want to do is edit the sound files for HL2, and change them to be British Comedy soundbites.

Instead of that zombie groan... Alan Partridge quotes. When that CP guy calls for backup... he now quotes Jesse (This week, oi ave mostly been eatin'...) from The Fast Show.

And so on.

Obviously, some key soundfiles will remain the same, but I envisage Breen's speeches taking on a little Phoenix Nights. Anyway, if people want to suggest some quality quotes for me to dig up and record for this and what they'd replace, please, go ahead. I'm not overly bothered about opinions, since I'll do this solely for myself if nobody likes the idea.

When you throw a grenade at them:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail's soundbyte "RUNAWAAAAAY!"

Change the USP shoot sound to the fart sound from Monty Python

Also, I want the combine to talk about squash like in Blackadder.

I've always liked Blackadder 4's General Melchett, I can imagine the wacky preist bloke having his quotes. "That's the spirit, if nothing else works then a total pigheaded unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through." "The hero of Umboto Gorge mad? Why you've only got to look at him to see he's as sane as I am! Baaaaaaa!"

Alan Partidge says "was that a snub nosed uzi?" in the second series I dunno if you want that in there somewhere. Kleiner would be good as Alan I think, greeting you with "Aha!" and "I'm Alan Partridge"

I can see Father Gregory saying:
"Look'at'tha'bones!"
ala: (MP:Holy Grail) Tim the Enchanter

A cop pulling out his cattle-prod when you don't obey saying:
"So be it, you make me sad."
(MP:Holy Grail) King Arthur saying

Yeh monty python.

Instead of random chatter by the combine patrols, they repeat

"Bring out ya dead"

Resistance shout to combine

"Well I didn't vote for you"

and

"Help, help, Im being repressed"

Instead of the normal grenade beeping before exploding it should say the line "One, Two, Five"

Vortigaunts periodically shout "We are the knights that say nee!"

Blow a zombies arm off and he says "its ok, just a flesh wound"

DEATH eVADER said:
Instead of the normal grenade beeping before exploding it should say the line "One, Two, Five"

Now -that- is bloody brilliant.

When Vortigaunts are speaking in thier native tongue:

"Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam..."

I want father gregory talking about the zombies sharp pointy teeth - Tim the enchanter from monty python talking about the killer rabit

Awesome. I want some Vorts discussing "What have the Combine ever done for us?" a la People's Front of Judea. Hmmm - there's a whole mod, just from them.

Or maybe some HHGTTG. Dog says "Brain the size of a football pitch and they ask me to make the tea." Or "I'll just sit here and _rust_"

Comedy.

PFFFFT!
Father Grigori needs FATHER TED QUOTES!
You all know he'd rock with father Jack's lines.

I'll get a short (it's not as if I'm changing much) design document done over Christmas then, so anyone who wants to help can start in the New Year.

Another Alan Partidge quote "Sh*tty Zombies!" would be appropriate. :) (second series episode 3 I think).

Instead of "Strider!!" you could have The Fast Show's "Brilliant!!"

Back