Half-Life 2 High-Resolution Characters Skinpack

lol1231vc.png

:)

kupoartist said:
Considering that you have 118 posts, is this some kind of insurance that you won't post again?

:p

Hell no!
Im just as much a nerd as you, actualy your more of a nerd, but what i meant is that anyone who visits this site for reasons other than gameplay help, is a nerd.

The trouble with the screenshots posted earlier is that by making the faces hi-res they look like they don't belong to the body.
When things look that detailed I have this expectation of smoother models with more polygons to fit the higher texture detail.

I think the only one that does a good job of relating the body to the face is the Major with the rocket launcher and possibly Alex

I like the new textures... the only problem (I think) is that the faces seem to be too shiny and reflective...

I especially love the new alyx skin... brilliant job.

I wouldn't mind mossman, but it looks nothing like the original
alyx is terrible, looks like they were going for jolene blalock... this is a woman with no white blood in her at all and yet...
the rest are quite nice

wow just makes me want to g-slap Alyx's face even more.

Awesome work. Love the lip shine as well great for kissing.

Yes i will be kissing my computer monitor.

stfu you nerds.

Specularity maps to the extreme!
Although they look good in 1 pose, during game and in motion, they would look very out of place.

Ugly as sin. Whoever made this put absolutely no thought into it.

For some reason, all the female skins look... Wierd. Do they have access to makeup in City 17? I liked the old skins for the female characters. But Eli, Cubbage, and the headcrab dude look cool.

Less makeup. Much less makeup. :p

way too shiny! they also need many more wrinkles and inperfections. good try though

Alyx-Kleiner2.jpg

I like old Alyx better. She looks like she might be 1/4 Asian! As someone stated earlier, new Alyx looks like she's been modeled from a Jolene Blaylock FHM layout.

Not entirely sure why everyone's being so nice about this texture pack. The new Alyx is particularly awful, turning her from an attractive-looking character into a bit of a dog (no pun intended). Poor Asien will be heart-broken her daughter no longer looks anything like her. As already mentioned Mossman's now been demoted from respectable scientist to street-walker-of-the-night and the differences with the rest comprise of making them overly shiny and more in keeping with Doom 3's character design philosophy.

The original Valve character models are *far* more worth keeping imho.

well.. the alyx model seems to be pretty detailed and well done, but now that you posted that pic from the original alyx, i agree valve's alyx looks just more impressive and actually alive. the asian touch makes her kinda interesting.

I'd have to see them animated in-game before I'd fully judge them. But they look a bit overdone

Has anyone noticed / worked out what the white spot on the end of alyx's nose is meant to be yet?

It looks like one of them motion capture things at times...

Alyx, Mossman and the female civilians look awful (shiny and makeup). Kleiner, Eli and Odessa look good IMO!

I prefer my women ugly and shiny.

I don't care about your opinions.

Back