Half Life 2 Journal

Cornelisjuh

Reaction score
This would be the 3th time Im going to play Half Life 2 + Episode 1 + Episode 2. This time Im noting things on a piece of paper, hope there comes some sort of theory with a conclusion. Some of these facts are not realy that important, but it still is Valve :p

======================================================

Striders where the big giants in HL2. They were enormous, almost one man armys. They scared the hell out of you.
When you played the episodes, the become more normal and eventually, become just an enemy. "Whats that ?! Oh, just another Strider" Because of the Magnusson Device, striders aren't a problem anymore
After seeing the ep3 art i would suggest that advisors become the new strider and youll have to fight them allot. In HL2+EP you can see about 2 or 3 advisors, so theyre pretty rare. My suggestion is that you will see Advisors all the time in the next HL game/episode.

Borealis' location will be near Russia. Most likely siberia. Cause of all the russian/easter letters found through
the half life games and borealis is an Ice/Research/Artic vessel.
Also, both Black Mesa and Aperture Science where working on a fuel for extreme cold conditions, wich in reallife, does exist.

Unexpected Interfearance when gordon is teleporting. Could this be gmans work ?

-Eli's Lab-

Quote of Mossman ;
'We're working on a local portal technology, something the combines still havent mastered'
This could be one of the mean reason why the combines are going to the Borealis. Cause the borealis is an Aperture Science
research vessel. So if you played portal, you know AS has the portal gun and the portal gun - local portal technology.
This could be where portal storyline and the Half Life story line will merge.
So once again the people from (the now destroyed) black mesa and aperture science are now competing with technology, in this case, local portal technology. This all could also be a clue of the portal comming to Half Life, cause portal was just a test to see if a gun like that would work in games, so it could be used in other games.

-Nova Prospekt-

Quote of Breen on a combine radio :
'The CAPTURE (He says CAPTURE not KILL) of Eli Vance is an event of major significance. Make no mistakes. And while its true that conceivably
we could have taken him at almost any time in the last several years, the manner of his capture may prove to have benefits'
So they they captured him, but now Mossman is escaping with Eli in the combine portal. If he was that important they wont kill him the next time.
He clearly says CAPTURE not KILLING. IF you watched the ending of Half Life Episode 2 , breen will be 'Killed' .
This quote can be one of the mean reasons of Eli coming back (alive) in Episode 3. Youve also seen Alyx "die" in ep2 , to be saved by the Vorti's .

RANDOM FACTS

Gman says in Opposing Force that he admires people who get so far in extreme conditions (it reminded it of hisself)
Doesnt shell survived in Extreme Condition (and glados) That could be a link of Gman (And so HL) to Portal.
=====================================================

Its far away from finished and it still has alot of huge grammar error's :p I will keep this updated every week :)

Eli is not coming back. Alex was merely wounded through the abdomen and it required a group of Vorts in complete focused energy to sustain her life long enough for Freeman to get the antlion sample needed. Eli on the other hand had his entire brain sucked out, I don't think there are procedures the Vort's have that can replace that.

Also in one of the other forum sections someone has already done what you did, and everyone added their bits until it was complete ;)

Eli is not coming back. Alex was merely wounded through the abdomen and it required a group of Vorts is complete focused energy to sustain her life long enough for Freeman to get the antlion sample needed. Eli on the other hand had his entire brain sucked out, I don't think there are procedures the Vort's have that can replace that.

Also in one of the other forum sections someone has already done what you did, and everyone added their bits until it was complete ;)

so what its about 3% done ... Also, it could be a advisor backuped his brain to destroy the Rebels, he is the leader so he would know the most :rolleyes:

Backuped his brain? It was completely destroyed. And even IF that was a possibility, I fail to see how that can be used as a concept of bring Eli back to life. The man is dead, period.

Aperture Science doesn't have a local teleporter technology. They have portals.

Back