Half Life 2 not a valid windows 7 32 app?

GamerGirl

Reaction score
Hey, Yeah so I bought the Orange box the other day and installed all the games and updated them all, and everything seemed fine, But when I tried playing Half life 2 a error came up and said "Error Half life-2 not valid Windows-7 32b application"
Which doesn't make any sense to me at all because Episode 1 and 2 work just fine, and so does Portal and TF2.
Any suggestions?
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't work either.
Really need help

Is HL2 up to date, like auto update is online? If yes, mmmh weird :/

Your OS is that win 7 64b or win 7 32b? It can be that you must start hl2 with -32b in the startup command line

Is HL2 up to date, like auto update is online? If yes, mmmh weird :/

Your OS is that win 7 64b or win 7 32b? It can be that you must start hl2 with -32b in the startup command line
Okay I tried this and it still doesn't work, when I try and play it a thing pops up and says "Not available at this time." :|

Weird.

Verify the game cache files by right clicking on Half-Life 2 in the Steam games list and going to Properties.

If that doesn't work, you should maybe try deleting and redownloading HL2 instead of installing from the disk.

Might be a firewall problem. Try making sure that hl2 is allowed to lass through the fire wall.

Back