Half-Life 2 Release Pushed Back

Wait.. some of you are mad about buying new graphics cards? Are you going to uninstall those cards when you are done with HL2? I dont think so, so why be mad when you got a new kick ass card?

http://www.hl2central.net/

My apoligies to those affected by the e-mail that made it's way around
news sites in past hours. Unfortunately it was nothing more than a cruel
joke. Doug Lombardi sent no such e-mail.

I can assure you there is no such Half-Life 2 delay, and that details
regarding the release will be made public in coming days. Expect the
tech-demo and SDK to be released on or prior to the 30th.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,
Gabe Newell

Originally posted by Chicky
http://www.hl2central.net/

My apoligies to those affected by the e-mail that made it's way around
news sites in past hours. Unfortunately it was nothing more than a cruel
joke. Doug Lombardi sent no such e-mail.

I can assure you there is no such Half-Life 2 delay, and that details
regarding the release will be made public in coming days. Expect the
tech-demo and SDK to be released on or prior to the 30th.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,
Gabe Newell

Then how come Doug confirmed emails asking if it was legit?

*sigh, I REALLY wanted to see Fragmaster in that HEV suit.

I knew it would be delayed, but I couldn't face the probability. But here we are, waiting for a holiday release.

Valve still owns you.

Half life 2 wont be out till next year, possibly march.
Thats fact!!!

Originally posted by alexp10
Half life 2 wont be out till next year, possibly march.
Thats fact!!!

No thats a guess.

A fact is something that can be verified or substantiated, unless you work at valve or have inside information that you are not telling us, its just a guess.

I think you might be right by the way, but I hope you are wrong!!

Originally posted by Ken5h1ro
Personally, I don't mind a delay of about 1 month or so...
Honestly it would be only a mere 2% delay, over a 5 year development project...
I just hope they're spending this extra time adding more eye-candy, such as those DX9 High Dynamic Range sweeties, and NOT recompiling the whole Source engine!!! :dozey:

If they ARE recompiling the engine...we can blame it on nvidia for leaning on them because of the PISS POOR performance from nvidia video cards!

But...that would just be speculation :D

Originally posted by BBA

But...that would just be speculation :D

BBA, all of these posts are just speculations and if we could expect a x% of delay as "normal policy" of the vgames industry i want to remind how serious and correct (or just much clever) are 3dRealms when they never claim a release issue date until gone indubitably gold or, as for duke nukem 4 until it ships to stores(!) at the cost to look nasty to people - so if will be a delay i want to know why, after 5 years of total silence, Valve has told us a precise release date if they was not sure about that?

Hmm

Hmmz... Some websites etc says that its gone gold and that the delay statement was fake while others say the statement is true... I really hope its fake and that its still scheduled for 30th... Can only speculate at this time... Any concrete evidence in either direction is much appreciated :)

I've read somewhere that someone was trying to talk about this with Valve or VU by phone,but they didn't get any answers.So maybe both emails are fake.(that's my very dream for now,i can't wait much longer)
DiD anyone confirmed that mail from Lombardi to shacknews was fake?

OK I got e mail from Gabe,maybe i was a little rude but i wanted information and i am pissed off.

A press release went out. I'm not sure how much more official we can get.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 3:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Stupid joke right?

HL2 Delay is some stupid joke right? cause if it was true You would make an
official statement(not an e-mail to shacknews)...that's how responsible
people do,and i think You're one of them.(we 're all pissed off !!! but
well still buy this game)

Just wait a couple of days and then you will know for sure!

There's a japanese Doug Lombardi interview from Tokyo Game Show.

Key things he mentions:
*Half-Life 2 will be available in 12 languages including Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
*The game will be released this holiday season, simultaneously worldwide.
*Doug seems to indicate that a Half-Life 2 expansion pack is already in the works and will be released next year.

Rough Babelfish translation
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babe...vent/2003/09/28/264,1064735715,16845,0,0.html

outside of america

when mentioning that halflife2 will be released around holiday season it would be really helpful to know when that would be.

some of the people in america might have noticed that there are also other countries (i guess the market for halflife2 outside of america is bigger than the american market)

so would you please be so kind and tell a stupid european when your holiday season begins?

Re: outside of america

Originally posted by smaaps
when mentioning that halflife2 will be released around holiday season it would be really helpful to know when that would be.

some of the people in america might have noticed that there are also other countries (i guess the market for halflife2 outside of america is bigger than the american market)

so would you please be so kind and tell a stupid european when your holiday season begins?

November through the end of december ...But gabe said this year..HOPeFULLY!

Re: outside of america

Originally posted by smaaps

November through the end of december ...But gabe said this year..HOPeFULLY!

Not anymore it won't be.

Q1-2004 if we are lucky.

StooMonster

Back