UPDATED: The International 2014 Tournament Announced

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated (21:42 GMT 05/04/2014)
According to OnGamers, the 10,000 tickets available for The International 4 tournament sold out within an hour of their release on Friday, 4th April 2014. The claim has been confirmed by Doug Lombardi.

Original Post
Save the date(s), The International 2014 has been announced. According to a recent announcement over on the Dota 2 Steam Community group, this year's International tournament will take place between July 18th and 21st at the KeyArena, a basketball stadium in Seattle.

ti4-png.24737

Tickets for the event will be made publicly available for purchase via TicketMaster on Friday April 4th at 3pm Pacific Daylight Time. For those looking to attend, three types of tickets will be made for this year's event, which you can check out below.
  • General Admission ($99)
  • Floor Seats ($199)
  • VIP package ($499)
Every ticket includes access to all four days of the main Championships Event at KeyArena, while the VIP Package also features additional treats, such as exclusive VIP Meet and Greet sessions, tickets to the 6 day playoffs on July 8th, and access to the event After Party.

Similarly to last year's event, 11 teams will be invited directly to the event, with 4 of the remaining slots filled in by the winners of each qualifier. This will then leave 4 runner-up teams from each qualifier, who will battle it out at a LAN event in Seattle to compete for the final spot as the 16th team in the tournament.

We'll be sure to bring you more news regarding The International 2014 when we learn more.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 8,567
  • TI4.PNG
    TI4.PNG
    200.7 KB · Views: 13,615
How much have tickets cost in previous years, can anyone remember?

It's just that I saw a lot of people commenting on the prices saying they must be part of April fools. I imagine a good chunk goes into the prize pool & it's sold out every year (extremely quickly too). Supply and demand...

The new venue may also be more expensive per head.

Those prices sound reasonable to me. I mean they can't accommodate that many people, and they're going to sell out pretty damn quick, like Glenn said.

They can accommodate about 6x as many as for TI3, it'll be interesting to see how much longer it takes for them to sell it or whether there's no appreciable difference.

They can accommodate about 6x as many as for TI3, it'll be interesting to see how much longer it takes for them to sell it or whether there's no appreciable difference.

Well there you go, one hour. Obviously not that unaffordable!

Back