Half life 2 sound tracks

1) It isn't possible to remove the soundtrack because the game only uses small clips and only on a few rare occasions.

2) You are asking us to illegally share the soundtrack with you... what are you thinking?

Myxomatosis said:
1) It isn't possible to remove the soundtrack because the game only uses small clips and only on a few rare occasions.

Wrong. The GFC's contain many full tracks.

The soundtrack is in the 'source sounds.gcf' file, in the music directory I think.

I just opened it and it has a lot (not all) tracks.. and it has some stuff that wasn't on the album. All the tracks from the album that are in there though are the good ones.. so it is ok. Did you know that the HEV says "armor compromised"? Never heard that before... lol it also says evacuate area... would have been nice to hear that when the ****ing head crab shells were coming down..

Myxomatosis said:
Well since 64 just wants to tell me I'm wrong and not contribute anything to this topic, I will help you. Go here: http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=26
Download the program and then you can browse your G-C-F files... but I didn't find anything that looked like a music file.

I emailed him like he asked, not publicly advertised a tool that is not seen in the greatest light by all people.

I answered him like he requested as well. He asked if there was a way for him to get the soundtrack out of the game, I gave him a solution. So you emailed him and are going to give him the album then? Why don't you just email Valve about that little escapade. And if you aren't going to give him the album, you shouldn't have wasted his time when I answered his question.

Who may I ask doesn't like this program?

Myxomatosis said:
I answered him like he requested as well. He asked if there was a way for him to get the soundtrack out of the game, I gave him a solution. So you emailed him and are going to give him the album then? Why don't you just email Valve about that little escapade. And if you aren't going to give him the album, you shouldn't have wasted his time when I answered his question.

Who may I ask doesn't like this program?

I answered his question privately long before you decided to be helpful and post. And as to answering his question, you didn't even know the tracks were in the GCF's.

i did not want to buy something illegal .i know the gold edition of hl2 came with the soundtrack.wnat to know if any wnat to sell or could give it to me.

Back