Half-Life 2: Survivor released for PC (finally)

Gordon Shepard

Sandvich
Reaction score
Recently our good friends on Facepunch managed to get a hold of the Survivor files, and fix them up for PC. So rather than keep you waiting, I'll get straight to the point. Here is a good quote explaining it, since a lot of you probably can't access Facepunch.

Marphy Black said:
As promised, the release of ben1066's fixed Survivor binaries is here. Once again, my thanks goes to ben1066 for his work, glitchvid for hosting, and the generous individual who was willing to share Survivor with the community to begin with.

To fully run Survivor, you will need the following:
1. Ben1066's fixed binaries: [removed] (17.6 MB)
2. The complete Half-Life 2: Survivor Ver2.0 Content Dump: [removed] (2.7 GB, compressed in 7z format)
3. Pre-2007 Half-Life 2 materials, models, and sounds (source materials.gcf, source models.gcf, and source sounds.gcf in your steamapps directory)

Once you have all that handy, follow the Readme instructions included with the fixed binaries and you'll soon be knee deep Japanese Half-Life 2. Here's a small taste of what's on offer:

Known issue: Certain points in Story Mode tend to cause the game to hang up. I was able to complete several chapters without crashing, however. No issues occurred for me during Battle Mode or Mission Mode.
As expected, there are some bugs, but perhaps as a community we can fix them, this is one of the reasons I thought it would be a good idea to post it here, so we can get this game running at full capacity! Spread the news, since this is pretty exiting for many Half-Life fans. Be sure to give your thanks to everyone who made this happen!

And some nice videos of said release so you can keep excited while it downloads:

I removed the download links, because it's technically considered warez. They don't have Taito's permission to release the game files. We don't agree with pirating illegal games. Also, welcome to ValveTime.net forums.

Is it Activision-published remake of HL2 DM?

edit: link to fp forum thread would be nice

Nice name. Combining the correct spelling of Gordon with the misspelling of Shephard. Pretty clever.

Back