Half Life: 7 Hour War Mod Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have idea for a mod that takes place in the 7 Hour War and it could actually work I think. It follows 3 soldiers who are called in because there are high amounts of portal activity, Black Mesa levels, and they are the best of best the UN Army has to offer. The Combine starts to invade Earth and they are in the middle of attack and escape to the outside world where all of the Xen creatures reside. Your mission is find a way to stop the invasion of combine, by any means possible. As you go on, you find a scientist who thinks he can disable all disable all the portals with a device he has made. When it does not work, humanity is about to surrender. You hear Eli Vance is trying to start a Resistance to combat the Combine, but they are prisoners for the Combine. So, your mission now is to rescue Eli Vance and take him to safety. That is just a idea I have, I told my friend about it and he liked it so I want to know how you think about this. I have no time to make this because I'm to busy with school right now, so I may need some help. I hope you like it.

I have idea for a mod that takes place in the 7 Hour War and it could actually work I think. It follows 3 soldiers who are called in because there are high amounts of portal activity, Black Mesa levels, and they are the best of best the UN Army has to offer.

This sounds pretty good, but I think it would make more sense to have a large number of soldiers come to the Area of Unsafe Portal Activity, and yet have a large amount of them killed so that only three remain, the best of the best.

The Combine starts to invade Earth and they are in the middle of attack and escape to the outside world where all of the Xen creatures reside. Your mission is find a way to stop the invasion of combine, by any means possible. As you go on, you find a scientist who thinks he can disable all disable all the portals with a device he has made.

That's a little far fetched, don't you think. Maybe rather than just one scientist, it could be a large group of scientists formed by the government to combat the portal storms.

When it does not work, humanity is about to surrender.

That could be awesome, watching Dr. Breen, in the UN Headquarters, appearing on every TV/computer screen and admitting defeat, especially if the player is in a large office filled with computers.

You hear Eli Vance is trying to start a Resistance to combat the Combine, but they are prisoners for the Combine. So, your mission now is to rescue Eli Vance and take him to safety.

It may be better to have someone other than Eli, as it's unlikely he's the only one who wants to start a resistance. Also, you'd have to go through the trouble of finding a voice actor who can sound like Eli without being cringe-worthy.

Anyway, sounds like a good idea. I'm guessing you'll be the writer.

That is a good and creative idea, keep up the good work!

That is a good and creative idea, keep up the good work!

Woah, Jesus, for a second there I thought your profile picture was of a conjoined twin version of Barney...

It's times like this that I wish I had Photoshop.
Well, a lot of the time people put lol but they didn't actually laugh., so I was just making it clear that I thought it was very funny

I made a picture of what I think the logo would look like. I know it's not professional, first time using photoshop, but it is what I think it should look like
7 hour war.jpg

Why do people always start with the logo?
Brand recognition. These guys are gonna have their image planted in your head before you, or they, even know what it is yet.

You know what's cooler than a million dollars?

A logo.

Eh, I think a mod set during the 7 Hour War would be great but I'm not sure how enthusiastic I am about the protagonists being top military elite agents. One of the things I like about Half Life is that the playable protagonist is a regular dude who works as a scientist and just so happened to be wearing an incredibly powerful hazard suit when shit went down, not some serious grizzled army man. The industry is oversaturated with serious grizzled army men.

What about a game where you play as an ordinary person and follow them as their world is torn apart and turned upside-down in all of seven hours? Someone who just so happened to be at a bank or a supermarket or driving home on the freeway or something when the portal storms began, and now has to struggle to get home and reach their family in the chaos? You could pick up various weapons from dead soldiers on either side, and the army could make some cameo appearances as they're brutally crushed and overpowered by Combine forces, to drive home the extent of the threat. I dunno, I feel like storywise that would be a more engaging narrative than "military men go on various missions".

Eh, I think a mod set during the 7 Hour War would be great but I'm not sure how enthusiastic I am about the protagonists being top military elite agents. One of the things I like about Half Life is that the playable protagonist is a regular dude who works as a scientist and just so happened to be wearing an incredibly powerful hazard suit when shit went down, not some serious grizzled army man. The industry is oversaturated with serious grizzled army men.

What about a game where you play as an ordinary person and follow them as their world is torn apart and turned upside-down in all of seven hours? Someone who just so happened to be at a bank or a supermarket or driving home on the freeway or something when the portal storms began, and now has to struggle to get home and reach their family in the chaos? You could pick up various weapons from dead soldiers on either side, and the army could make some cameo appearances as they're brutally crushed and overpowered by Combine forces, to drive home the extent of the threat. I dunno, I feel like storywise that would be a more engaging narrative than "military men go on various missions".
yeah, I realize that, now I want to make the main character Adrian Shepard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back