Half Life in Source Engine!!!!!

Z

ZQW

What about to recreate the original Half Life in Source Engine??
That'll be wonderful............a great mod.
Half-Life is always my favourate.

Not a bad idea :)

Aye it'd definitely be worth playing through again for that.

that would honestly own!!! although it would take a hell of alot of work....

Yes that would be cool but as Cleric said it would be a lot of work.

But if someony would take time and do it it would be great.

Isnt it funny how a 5 year old Game still has you gripped when you play it time after time, I think this would be some to think about (redooing HL). God are we all in ValVes pocket or what.?
Call it something like (Black masa.Revisited) or is that to crapp.? :)

Now that's a good idea :cool: It could start small and just try re-creating Half Life : Uplink, and when that works move on to the full game.

very very good idea !!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Originally posted by GOoch
Isnt it funny how a 5 year old Game still has you gripped when you play it time after time, I think this would be some to think about (redooing HL). God are we all in ValVes pocket or what.?
Call it something like (Black masa.Revisited) or is that to crapp.? :)
ahhh~ the old days. It's good to play old games once in a while :afro:

if it wasnt valve makin it i would hope it woukld be the best mod makers out there, there is no way u could mess up on that game and be forgiven.:cheers:

Dont think it will happen though chaps. When HL2 dose come out were going to be that hooked we wont even bother, Then TF2 :) then me Personaly i wont give a crap about any thing else when this bich is released..Online Heaven.:)

I think it's a great idea, would certainly be worth looking in to. If theres enough interest maybe Valve will do it themselves?

Would be awesome playing though HL again but with amazing graphics and the physics system! :)

I think that the earlier suggested "Half Life: Revisited" is a neat name :E

If this is legal, I'll executive produce the remakes of the original Half-Life, Blue Shift, AND Opposing Force. Maybe even a TFC/1.5 remake for HL multiplayer as well as plain ol HLDM(imagine crossfire on the HL engine:eek: )
*EDIT* In fact, I'm gonna shoot out an e-mail to Valve right now, hopefully it'll provoke some response.

I think Valve would probably allow it, but Gearbox who made the other mods, they might not, might even re-make them themselves! :E

Also, I seriously hope Gearbox makes some SP mods for HL2! :) :)

Originally posted by 2ltben
If this is legal, I'll executive produce the remakes of the original Half-Life, Blue Shift, AND Opposing Force. Maybe even a TFC/1.5 remake for HL multiplayer as well as plain ol HLDM(imagine crossfire on the HL engine:eek: )
*EDIT* In fact, I'm gonna shoot out an e-mail to Valve right now, hopefully it'll provoke some response.

Post your response if any :)

it would be interesting aswell they could do a few unique models for the sci's and barney that are back in HL2 instead of limitless clones

Something tells me it wouldnt be that good. After playing hl2 for a year it will feel really claustraphobic.

What somone should do, its make a doom3 mod for half life2. The true test of who has the better engine.

Originally posted by urseus
Something tells me it wouldnt be that good. After playing hl2 for a year it will feel really claustraphobic.

What somone should do, its make a doom3 mod for half life2. The true test of who has the better engine.

DOOM3 just splurge it's dynamic lighting,not like Half-Life2's creating a real world.
Half-Life2's techniques are much advancer than Doom3,if someone makes a Doom3 mod for HL2,that'll look better.
However,if we use Doom3's engine to make Half-Life2 mod,that'll be...............no way,Doom3's engine is not able to do that.

I have a confession to make-- I've never played the original HL, although I own it. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who bought (last year) a cheap copy of HL to try Counter Strike. (You might think I'm some 12-year old that wasn't out of diapers in 1998, but I'm actually 30 and just getting back into gaming- hah!).

While there may not be loads of people exactly like me, I'm sure there are loads of people who bought HL just for the mods and have never bothered to play the single-player game (let's be honest, compared to what's out there now it looks quite dated). I think the idea of re-doing the original HL1 with the new Source engine is a great one, and I'm sure others like me who weren't exposed to HL/HL2 until recently would love it.

Agreed, it would be a lot of work, but consider that: 1) the storyline, level plans, voices, etc is already done. 2) the game mechanics would work exacltly like HL2 so no heavy-duty modding necessary, and 3) all the tools Valve developed for HL2 (Source and the Hammer editor) were designed to make things as simple as possible for modders and game licencees. Result: the development costs are low enough to justify the sales it would likely reap. If Valve doesn't do it, someone else should (and will).

When nintendo does a remake most ppl are like "been there done that, commercial bs" but when valve is not doing it, most ppl will probly want to play, I would definitly want to play it anywayz :)

...or, we could just pull a Blizzard and release the exact same game on a more compact gaming system! Woo! (Lost Vikings, for those of you who don't know what game I'm talking about). But more seriously, I think it's a good idea, the only problem is you have to be careful not to make it look to amateurish. It may be a tad hard making Nihlanth(sp?), because it's hard to imagine what he looks like in a higher-res version. Also, you may have to rework the AI somewhat, if you want to make it like HL (i.e. tone it down a bit). Hrm...it'd be fairly interesting to play through with that cool looking Barney...let's just hope he's not quite as suicidal this time around, heh.

-Vert

it would be cool to also add some more npcs, some more features and some new sequences (no shit like "scientist shoots first" in "we got hostile" btw :D )

I read somewhere that they were using original worldcraft to make maps and then converting them to source.:borg:

I have a confession to make-- I've never played the original HL, although I own it. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who bought (last year) a cheap copy of HL to try Counter Strike. (You might think I'm some 12-year old that wasn't out of diapers in 1998, but I'm actually 30 and just getting back into gaming- hah!).

(in norfolk accent) we can't ave that now can we.:borg:

lol, you should have quoted that, it got me really confused and deja vu'd :p

Originally posted by chili pepper
dumbest idea ever

shut up........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
shut up........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ditto

I read in a gabe interview that "there will be a few familiar locations, but thats all im saying on that".

I rekon that you will go back to black mesa twards the end of the game, if only for a little bit. Maybe youll go on the rail system or something to find another crystal to send the aliens back.

considering your not going back to xen....thats the only logical place...i dont think you will go in black mesa, maybe you will see it while your driveing your brand new dune buggy shooting at combine hover crafts :)

Originally posted by ZQW
What about to recreate the original Half Life in Source Engine??
That'll be wonderful............a great mod.
Half-Life is always my favourate.

Go right ahead man. Download the SDK and start programming. :afro: :dork:

Back