Half Life source vs Half Life original

Gordan Freeman

Headcrab
Reaction score
*Tell me the better things
*Tell me about the A.I
*Tell me if its better than the original overall or If there's no difference

I have already played and nearly completed the original half life but I was wondering if it is getting the source version is it worth it for its improvements?

There is a secret dinosaur level in Half-Life: Source.

The Source version doesn't really look right to me. There's HL2-like water w=next to 1998 textures, because all the models and textures are the same as in HL1. There's also better lighting and ragdoll physics thanks to Source. That being said, I don't think it's really worth it if you already own HL1 and have played it.

there is better water shader in HL:S
Better in a very objective sense, in a vacuum. But with everything else in the game it looks pretty out of place.

I always saw HL:S as more of an experiment than anything intended to replace or improve upon HL1.

The Source version doesn't really look right to me. There's HL2-like water w=next to 1998 textures, because all the models and textures are the same as in HL1. There's also better lighting and ragdoll physics thanks to Source. That being said, I don't think it's really worth it if you already own HL1 and have played it.

Is there better player models?

I just wrote in my post that there weren't...

theres lots of graphic bugs the ragdolls are more derpy then realistic. i think the ai got messed up. source sounds and water next to 1998 textures again. it doesn't look good. its like a futuristic car next to a old barn. sometimes the helicopter in surface tension doesn't work. no hd model pack if u bought blue shift. theres many stuff thats wrong please dont play and better yet dont buy like i did.

Back