Halo movie.

and what about if he made the Halo and Half-Life movie? :D

I reckon a Halo movie would be nice. It couldnt possibly be as bad as the games.
Or could it?

Dublo7 said:
I reckon a Halo movie would be nice. It couldnt possibly be as bad as the games.
Or could it?

Oh dear. Someone posted the other day saying halo has to be the worst fps game they have ever played. I can only see this actualy being true if the only games they had ever played are Halo and Half-life. Are you actualy saying Halo is a really bad game, as in budget valuesoft bad, or you cry because someone dares be more excited about anouther game than half-life (honestly). Have you actualy played Halo? As in, a whole level?

Spartan said:
Halo could work really well as a movie. Half-Life couldn't.
Halo may have shitty level design, but the story, atmosphere and universe are all strong.
Well the story doesn't seem that original - I may be missing something, but: aliens and human fight for a planet significant for x, hero comes for the human forces in the form of y (in this case Master Chief). It's been done before and the only reason a game can be fun whilst doing that is because you're experiencing it, not just seeing it.
Half-Life's story is somehwat formulaic as well, but seeing as the protagonist doesn't speak, you're right it wouldn't be so good.

Kristafon said:
Oh dear. Someone posted the other day saying halo has to be the worst fps game they have ever played. I can only see this actualy being true if the only games they had ever played are Halo and Half-life. Are you actualy saying Halo is a really bad game, as in budget valuesoft bad, or you cry because someone dares be more excited about anouther game than half-life (honestly). Have you actualy played Halo? As in, a whole level?

You feil (SPECTACULARLY) at staying on topic :p It was just an off-hand remark.

The hat says they should make it CG or not at all.

He said strong...not original. There are very few original ideas in films, and in fact games. That doesn't mean they aren't entertaining though.

I think though, that after playing the game...Halo wouldn't be so good. It could work as a nice special effects film, which are good in their own righ. They are pure and simply entertainment, simply because they aren't there for a particually thought provoking story or anything of the like...

Farrowlesparrow said:
He said strong...not original. There are very few original ideas in films, and in fact games. That doesn't mean they aren't entertaining though.
I think though, that after playing the game...Halo wouldn't be so good. It could work as a nice special effects film, which are good in their own righ. They are pure and simply entertainment, simply because they aren't there for a particually thought provoking story or anything of the like...
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I wasn't saying something had to be original to be entertaining, more that the things that make games like this special is that you are experiencing it. If not, Halo could prove to be really forgettable as a fillum.
But I'm glad we agree that it'd be complete style over substance and not necessarily that great.

another typical alien invasion movie but with a legion of video game addicts ready to camp outside for it.

Back