Have you ever been accused of hacking?

pilot7893

Reaction score
Have you? I have, once. Jeez, a few lucky airshots with Demo and people get suspicious.:hmph:

Once, but not really. I was playing Medic, and managed to dodge some crazy shots on a capture point but killed the attacker with needles. I think it was more 'Dang it' than 'that guy's cheating'.

I've gone on huge sprees in COD 4 and people have threatened to report me.

Suckas

Yes, back when I used to play a lot of CS: Source a bunch at clan level and was on top of my game I'd get accused on Pubs occasionally of wallhacking. Not played CS:S in a long time though, I dread to think how much I suck at it now... :(

I kept headshotting this really annoying scout and he accused me of using an aimbot.

Once in real life at school I was the suspect for a short period after some shit went down(I'm constantly in the computer rooms; the teachers all know I'm rather good with computers), but they trusted me enough to know I wouldn't do that.

I didn't do it.

On TF2? No, because I never play in pub servers.

I've gone on huge sprees in COD 4 and people have threatened to report me.

Suckas
Thread in the the TF2 forum, but you play COD4 online which probably why you couldn't work that one out. Haha! Ooh burn, how nasty am I!?

I've never been accused, mostly because I'm a true gentleman in TF2. I apologise after I kill anyone or get in their way when they kill me.

Back during CS 1.3 I used to get accused quite alot, but I must admit those claims were made on a fairly solid foundation. I was a little bastard back then.

On several occasions I have been accused of cheating because of having a bit of luck and scoring a few headshots as a Sniper. Some people have to make a big deal when they're not doing too well and make false accusations, even when they know they have no proof.

On several occasions I have been accused of cheating because of having a bit of luck and scoring a few headshots as a Sniper. Some people have to make a big deal when they're not doing too well and make false accusations, even when they know they have no proof.

Yep, they just gotta learn that they are some people that are really that good and lucky and whatever that you aren't the best damn player in the game.

I was having a good run as Sniper once. A friend who was playing with me got autobalanced to the other team only to hear someone I had dominated swearing his head off at how that "Operational fag is hacking". My friend calmly tries to explain that I wasn't hacking, but that didn't go down too well. Eventually he swore at me over text chat before ragequitting.

Still I find hacking allegations to be rare in TF2, much more common in L4D, CS, etc.

Not in TF2 that I can remember but certainly a lot in CS/DOD.

Only once have I had the honor of being accused of hacking, I was dominating a team as acout and hadn't died for like 5 mins despite being in the middle of the action for the whole time. That moment goes in the trophy cabinent alongside the times I have managed to cause a player to rage quit by killing the repeatedly (w/o spawncamping of course) (I've done that 4 times XD ).

I'm pretty sure the most times you'll be labeled as a hacker is when you play Counter Strike, because most of the players are quite competitive and want to be, "the best."

I only play in 3 different servers. I know everyone and everyone knows me, no one ever calls anyone else a hacker.

Though before I settled in with the regulars I have been called a hacker a few times, mostly from the same idiot who goes down my mined path repeatedly or walks in a straight line in my cross hairs.

Yes. I was playing sniper and some stupid say was running towards me and cloaking, he didn't change his direction, so it was an easy headshot, but I was called a hacker. Come on, shooting an invisible spy is even an achievment!

Changing one word in my signature...
I don't hack, I own so much it takes a few seconds for the server to figure out what the hell I just did.

But yes, i have been.

A couple times during a really really good run as sniper, yep....
Most memorably though I was on 2Fort, as a spy - i got the intel then ran off their battlements... anyways this one dude on the other team kept screaming that I hacked and was running faster than normal.... he tried to votekick me but it didn't pull through

I got votekicked becouse of it once.

I used to play a lot of CS and CS:S aim maps, and was once playing on one of those crappy dev texture aim maps with about 12 other players. I killed at least half of the enemy team every round and had some ludicrous KDR like 8 or 9 (pub CS is... pub CS) and ofc everyone started raging and trying to voteban me. I did the usual I'm not a hacker, you guys just suck (talk to Brick or Dek about it, they know the feeling much better than I) thing, and warned that if they votebanned me I would come back to this VAC disabled server and show them what it would be like if I WAS hacking.

Got votebanned, downloaded an autoaimbot hack (one of those where you run around spinning and getting instant headshots on everybody within view) and came back on another of my CS:S-having steam accounts under a different name and began pwning everyone. Before they votebanned me again I changed my name back. Ultimate satisfaction. That's the only time I've ever actually used a hack for CS or any other MP game (except some experimentation with Delta Force 2 trainers back in the late 90s but since everyone online had them running it wasn't really morally unfortunate).

Personally I love getting accused of hacking, it's food for my ego.

Back