HEEEELP Re-Install REGISTER my Half-Life 2 on this new laptop.

rogerthat1961

Reaction score
I got a new (3D) laptop as my old one burned and died.
I have installed Half-Life 2 again but have forgotten my old steam account details for when I used to play it..I do not have access to my old e-mail either as have a new service provider (have moved to Japan [Niigata]).
I want to try the 3D effect in Half-Life 2 and upgrade to Counter-Strike.
The problem I have got is that I cannot register my game with my Keycode as I used it on my previous laptop and I do not have access to my old details anymore. The site tells me I cannot register my game. Game will not start. Updates around these parts look confusing as heck.
All I wanted to do was try H-L 2 in 3D and team fortress online for free. Now I cant do anything.

What are my options?

Note; am In Japan all software here in nutty Kanji (Chinese) if you had suggested buying yet another box.

Thanks if you are bored of questions like these but are still willing and able to respond fairly helpfully.:thumbs:

NOTE; my Account here is my New version of myself. Not my previously registered account I forgot.

You could contact Steam support and explain your situation. If you give them photos of your original HL2 box and cd key, they will likely reset your steam password for you.

Alternatively, you could make a new Steam account. You can buy HL2 now for $6.69, or if you have more money to spend, every Valve game ever released for $49.99

Excellent response to thank.

Thanks a bundle dude. Will try those in that order.:p

Back