Help me out, please check these

Q

qckbeam

I am going to build a new computer and I have to put the order in today, can anyone check over these parts. I just want to make sure I'm buying the right components before I order (right memory,etc.):

CPU p4/3.0GHz 800M 478P/512K HT RT
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Canterwood
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 PCI
Logitech Z-640 5.1
(2) CORSAIR 512MB PC3200 VALUE SELECT. VS512MB400 DDRRAM
Western Digital 80GB Hard Drive 7200 Rpm
19" Hitachi monitor CRT CM721FB
Thermaltake Xaser III V1420A Chassis, 12-Bay + (W0009)420W Power supply, ATX.
Motorola SB5100 cable modem
Windows XP home edition
DVDROM 16x MSI
CDROM 52x MDI EIDE
Sony FD 1.44 MB

This is my first time building a computer and I want to make sure everything I buy is compatible. Also, do I need some kind of special power supply for my CPU? I am getting a 420w W0009 one from Thermaltake. Thanks.

Except for the fact that you're getting value RAM, looks great. The value Ram would work, but if could spend the extra money, I'd suggest corsair XMS RAM, or Kingston HyperX RAM (my perosnal favorie)

Ok would one stick of 512MB XMS CORSAIR CMX512-3500C2 be better than the 2 sticks of ram I had above?

You can take a 2.4c or 2.6c pentium 4 processor and surpass the 3ghz with stock cooling. You should look into the benchmarks before you go out and spend.

Edit

Keep in mind though that overclocking voids your warrenty, I myself can really see a difference in 2.4ghz - 3.0ghz when booting up and loading windows and then playing games. Its just all the same to me! Next year pentium 5 will come out and use a different socket which is better but again youd have to wait. If you cant wait go ahead and buy it now but if you can wait till september rolls around and then see whats on the market.

I got the VALUE SELECT ram as well, what's the difference?

Well I bought all the stuff and went with the 1GB or value Ram, it's not like it's low quality or anything. I'm not big on overclocking since the last time I did it I broke my GeForce 3. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Back