Help please.

Wezz

Reaction score
Well, I started up the game...and at the beginning..everytime I pass through a portal, It shuts down on me..can anyone help?

What shuts down? Your computer or the portal?

Do you have a legal version of the game?

Does your computer have high enough specs to run the game properly?

What shuts down? Your computer or the portal?

Do you have a legal version of the game?

Does your computer have high enough specs to run the game properly?

Portal shuts down and my specs past the minimal, not past the requirement.

Recommended* I assume you mean. Still your description of the problem is ever so vague. The 'portal shuts down' is strange terminology.

When you look into a portal I know that there is an FPS drop due to the image the portal shows on the other side. If you are already on very low FPS, as soon as you look into the portal it will drop further and make the game very slow. Is this your problem? What are your system specs? I reckon you're using a laptop with an integrated intel chip.

If so you should:

1. Lower your settings
2. Right click portal in your 'my games' list, go to properties, click set launch options and add this without the the quotation marks: "+mat_softwarelighting 1 -heapsize 128000 -dxlevel 80 +mat_forcehardwaresync 0"
3. The above step will only work if you have your most up-to-date direct x installed AND latest drivers from intel for your graphics chip (or whatever you have). - VERY IMPORTANT.

be sure to try verifying data integrity through Steam if you can...however i noticed you never answered Glenn's question of how you obtained the game.

Back