Help With Steam

Steam and Origin were hacked, so they are still recovering from that

Well DDoS attacks... I wouldn't call that much as "hacking," more or less "someone being a dick with their computer."

Just some children called "DerpTrolling" pretending to be cool by DDOSing Valve and EA services.

Basically DDOSing (Distributed Denial Of Services) means the bombard the servers constantly with useless requests so they are overloaded and can't respond to the people who actually want to use the website/service. It's like getting fifty friends and going into a supermarket, getting one item off the shelf and then filling up the queue at every till but when you get up to pay you just say "actually I don't want to buy anything." Nobody else is able to buy anything because you're taking up all the space and it's difficult to tell who's being a troublemaker and who who's actually just trying to buy something so it's hard to sort out.

Hacking would imply they actually got access to something they're not supposed to.

Yeah I got it, Just the fact that the source I read it from called it Hacking confused me.

I have the Forum right here with the person talking about it below:

https://twitter.com/chFtheCat

Apparently, I did some research the FBI went to his place but did not have a warrant to ensure that this person would stop shutting down the Steam store with the community. The person was caught with a post on Reddit, but like I said the attacks on steam are not over unless a warrant goes in to check it. One can also see it on the Twitter Forum that this person has been announcing for the attacks. I also forgot to mention that this person is also shutting down forums during the process. I hope this helps stop this person from causing problems in the future.

Back