HL2 Boxes?

Dave

Reaction score
Anyone seen these?

Found it on the HL2HC site..

http://hl2hc.halflife.org/pics/hl2_boxes.jpg

Looks pretty neat, I hope they won't go with that approach though, although cool, would mean i'd be sad enough to get all 4 types, just because they each look awesome.. :(

Plus, they are not the DVD size case that every platform seems to be using these days.

I think these are just promotional things.

I hope the real box will use the same scheme as the HL, Op4 and BShift boxes, the rusty effect in different colours, maybe they could make a grey'ish silvery one? :)

I like the silver one. very simpel! me likes

Actually, after looking at it closely, they look like they could be the DVD style boxes. But, it looks double sized (like the HL Generations box). If this is the real thing, this could mean HL could be on more than one disc.

nah I like the DVD box better, takes less space

those boxes look awesome, though the g-man's eyes don't look right.

Is that how gordon is looks ingame?
alyx and gman looks like that ingame right?
so that should be a picture of gordon ingame...
if so, they seem to have put a lot more work on a charakter you'll probably never see in the game. :)

Those indeed are real boxes made by valve. They were sitting on a shelf in a corner of the presentation room at E3, I thought about stealing one as I left, since I passed right by it, but I never had a good opportunity.

Anyway they are the standard mini-cradboard ones you see for games like C&C generals. They did look pretty sweet though, by the way, the silver one is the same as the back of the others.

Those Dvd boxes...

yea, every system needs to use the DVD boxes, It needs to be a universal thing, so then you could have everything so organized and pretty :E

But computer games have tendency to use big ass manuals. Unless they are going to have all on-line manuals in the future (which I would suck) it would be hard to fit into a DVD case.

yeah the cardboard ones only break or get dented..but they look better...

it could be that these were display boxes only, larger than life....

use your heads ;)

Yes! I want the Gordon one!

It's no coincidence that Gordon and God start with the same two letters.

(G and O, for those of you who are on the slow side)

Originally posted by Cid
But computer games have tendency to use big ass manuals. Unless they are going to have all on-line manuals in the future (which I would suck) it would be hard to fit into a DVD case.

Cid, were they double sized?

I'm not sure what you mean by double-sized. They were pretty much just the size of most games you'll see now, like Generals, or WC III boxes. They seemed like they're the normal size for the new type of mini-cardboard ones that you see now.

I personally like the G-Man one. But that's me. The silver one is nice too.

I heard there was going to be a special edition box, kinda like the Jedi-Knight 2 box which was a tin container and had poster, shirt, game and manual. Can anyone confirm this? I'm sure I read it somewhere in the last week.

Will we get to choose which box we want?, cuz i want the gordan one. :afro:

ohh, i hope there is a limited one with poster and t-shirt in it, that would own...

Back