HL2 D0g Costume - Currently WIP

RetsofNoraa

Reaction score
Hello all; this is my first post here, so excuse me if it's in the wrong section.

I'm currently working on a life-size costume/puppet of everyone's favorite eight-foot-tall, Combine-beating robot: D0g. I'll be posting YouTube videos about once a week with updates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JDigtvC7E

This project started with a thread in the Cosplay.com forums by "ZerglingLeader", who is also constructing his own version.

As you can probably tell, I haven't gotten very far yet; I'm most likely going to trash the part in the video, but for now I'm going to hang on to it as an example of how not to use caulk.

4 minutes of looking at a chunk of white shit.

Well worth my time.

To be honest though, how do you make a Dog costume?

4 minutes of looking at a chunk of white shit.

Well worth my time.

To be honest though, how do you make a Dog costume?

I'm using Google SketchUp and a wireframe model of D0g for the dimension measurements, and then translating them onto foamboard. I then use duct tape (on the inside) and caulk (on seams on the outside) to hold it all together. The result is surprisingly sturdy, and - compared to using polystyrene plastic - relatively inexpensive.

And, yes, that chunk is pitiful, but it can only get better from here.

It's not so much that it's 'pitiful', it's just that I don't see why a 4 minute video is necessary to show what like 2 pictures or 10 seconds could show.

It's not so much that it's 'pitiful', it's just that I don't see why a 4 minute video is necessary to show what like 2 pictures or 10 seconds could show.

I see your point; I'll hold off on the videos until I have more demonstrable content, i.e. showing how a function of the costume will work.

Back