HL2 worth a steering wheel purchase?

jasonh1234

Reaction score
Debate!

(Personally I'm considering it.) There's a store nearby which sells auction aquired stuff and they've got a bunch of USB steeringwheels and motorcycle handle controllers for $29.99 CAD ea.

I'm thinking of getting both for HL2 but they are kinda no-name brand.

screw that dont do it! go w/ the traditonal asdw and mouse controlls! w00t!

I'll just drive my car with an actual steering wheel.

I missed this ... HL2 supports a wheel? Where can I read more?

aeroripper said:
lol that would be really retarded to use a steering wheel for hl2
Yeah especially during the driving parts!

Piddy said:
I missed this ... HL2 supports a wheel? Where can I read more?

Yup. Sterring wheel mouse combo for driving shooting. I forget where the info is now though but I'm positive.

How are you going to aim with a steering wheel? The buggy has a laser gun thing conveniently attached to it. Unless you drive like a black guy with 1 arm....but if you drive like a white guy i'm afraid you'll be owned.

Mr-Fusion said:
How are you going to aim with a steering wheel? The buggy has a laser gun thing conveniently attached to it.
Think Farcry jeeps except with a steering wheel and pedals instead of a keyboard.

Mr-Fusion said:
How are you going to aim with a steering wheel? The buggy has a laser gun thing conveniently attached to it. Unless you drive like a black guy with 1 arm....but if you drive like a white guy i'm afraid you'll be owned.

LMFAO.... well he could configure the wheel to act like asdw only without foward and back, which would be wierd and have the mouse still be used to look/aim.

I don't know about this. It would be damn cool to drive the buggy around like that but the logistics confuses me. You're gonna need to jump out of the buggy in a nanosecond then pwn some antlions magnum style. Wouldn't the wheel slow you down? What's the plan here, are you going to switch between keyoboard and wheel?

a steering weel for half-life 2 ?????????????????
wtf is wrong with adsw ?
oke if you want a steering wheel for racing game oke
but half-life 2 is a fps shooter
and each buggy has a weapon
unless you can aim with the steering wheel lol :p

Are you people retarded? Just aim with your mouse. Unless you've all been sitting in front of your computer so long that your muscles are so atrophied you can't hold on to a Force Feedback wheel with one hand.

i just said, steer w/ the wheel, and use the mouse to aim....SCROLL UP!!!

huge waste of money, strafe keys work beautifully. only hardcore race sim players should get steering wheels

Digital controls are no way to steer.

I bought myself a duel analog gamepad recently, with the thought to use it in HL2. I was thinking about a steering wheel as well, but then aiming would be difficult.

With this, I can steer (properly!) with one hand, and use the mouse with the other. I think it will be a good solution.

So, are you planning on switching between a wheel and a keyboard for the shooting parts, or just using a wheel. But a wheel would be cool for some of the racing mods for Half Life 2...

Well, I doubt HL2 would support a wheel very well...There'd probably be no in-between area like in real racing games...

You turn the wheel, it will turn slowly depending on how much you turn it..In HL2 it would be strictly left or right, probably.

Back