HL2 xbox confirmed

OMFG that's just silly... but oh well atleast they still can't mod for it, or can they?

How could you install them? You can patch games via the internet, but you have to got a certain internet thing, hehe.

Anyone who buys this on the Xbox is a fool, unless of course they have no other option.

They COULD acctually get mods for it, since the X-box has a HDD, did you know they have released an ADDON for splinter Cell for the x-box ?, its a downloadable level which goes on to its HDD

PC FOREVER!!

Only 8GB of HDD space, and I bet alot of that is used up to run the game.

nah, only part of it goes to precaching the games, it can precache up to 3 games until another different game is loaded up, and the "oldest" one in the memory is cleared. So unless its just an add-on pack or sumthin, it doesnt use the HD other than that and saves

Well a mod for the xbox would have to be stored on the HD to be played becuase if you wanted to play it multiple times then that is the only way to play it, sense you download mods, you dont gt cd's of them.

Hmmm You don't know what you say.
To play on Internet with an xbox you need either the Xbox-Live Pack, which sux because you need a credit card number to register (which a lot of youths don't have), OR you need a Modchip and a little software on your comp, which is really better.
With the modchip you can put everything you want on your xbox.
With it you can change the harddrive to a 137GB (max) one. The XBox Scene is very very active and they release a lot of good stuff like linux ports for Xbox, homebrew apps and games, and so on. If HL2 for xbox is released, and that we can mod it, then you can't imagine how a big thing it will be.

VALVe will probably allow us to mod for HL2 Xbox, to download mod with Xbox Live "officialy", and on an other side all the Xbox hackers will allow us to play without Xbox Live etc.

I think we will also probably be able to play on the xbox with other xboxers AND the PC ones if VALVe don't do a lot of changes between the PC and the Xbox version, which will be very great.

So wait and see...

Only 8GB of HDD space, and I bet alot of that is used up to run the game.
they have bigger drives that you can put into it...(20gb) and there is a keyboard for it to...but its just a pathetic from microsoft to try and take over the console market to...:flame: i hope that in the near future microsoft gets it as kicked by somebody, for example linux wich you can download for free! and then compare it to microsoft were you need to pay 150$ (or more) just for (a shitty) xp.:flame: :afro:

ok linux sux to but its at a beginning stage, i mean does anybody remember windows 3.1? and how much it sucked?

The reason I didnt sell my ps2 was because you had to pay for x-box live, that so sux's.

Ps2 goes online tomorrow!!!in the uk!!! w000!!!, even tho i'm not going to play it, but I might try socom tho :D

this is pretty cool .... even though they were saying it was never gonna happen !

Is the PS2 online service still gonna allow people with 56K to use it? Or has it changed to broadband only?

On gameplay.co.uk it says you require 512k connection or up to play,
But hey, its gonna Have Grand Turismo 4! online!

EDIT: oh gawd, Ive got the 2nd page again :(, makes me look like a loner :(

Well, Xbox's HD is actually 10GB, read the new specs.... :)

onlt part of it is used for precaching, and the rest is free for mods and downlaods and stuff :) you dont have to install xbox games like you do PC games.

And Xbox is the best online system i cna imagine. I htink it even tops the PC becuase it's only broadband, theres almost no lag, and its so easy to connect to. you also have a universal friends list and stuff.

however, there are better multiplayer titles on PC.

oh well.

What would be good is if X-Box live users of HL2 and PC users of HL2 could play together on the same servers. Then all the people on comps would just obliterate the X-Box users and their crummy gamepads :devil:

Originally posted by SidewinderX143[/i
And Xbox is the best online system i cna imagine. I htink it even tops the PC becuase it's only broadband, theres almost no lag, and its so easy to connect to. you also have a universal friends list and stuff.

Ya but you also have to pay another monthly fee on top of your regular highspeed internet connection fee.

Further more, you can't mod, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few Mod authors try to do something that will make it impossible to play their mods on the X-box. I mean otherwise its kinda like X-box users are simply leaching of the PC users.

Back