Hostile Freedom

Stitch

Reaction score
I'm sitting here with a shitload of papers all based on a world I created while Half-Life 2 was on the verge of release. Hostile Freedom, one of the first projects in Half-Life 2's modding community, rests in my lap. It died out because I had some events in the real world that hindered me from leading the project to finish. I handed it over to a willing team mate and he seemed to have let it die as well. Sadly, it never got anywhere but a few images and a website. I stand here ready to tackle it once again and would like to call out to some of the previous team members if they are still around. Alco, Murray_H, Nos; here this call and lets reunite to bring the beast to the playground. For those of you uninitiated, I will simply copy and paste an older thread detailing the project:

Hostile Freedom - Guerilla warfare on an epic scale.

I' am here to announce a new game, mod rather, being made using Source Technology developed by Valve Software. Hostile Freedom is a game taking place in the Hammerstein Universe, an epic tale in a criminally charged setting of guerilla warfare under brutal and extreme conditions. Players assume the roles of either the Stygian criminal uprising or the Opanara marine corporation.

The year is 2120 and Earth is over-populated with half of the population being involved with crime. The Solid Arm, a board of world executives, began the production of Hammerstein for one purpose: to have a place where every convict caught can be exported and forgotten about. Once completed, Hammerstein went global with over $20, 000, 000 in marketing campaigns and advertisements. The ads seemed to work because some of the most notorious criminals came out of hiding and turned themselves in, hoping to establish a new life on Hammerstein. Now with Earths crime rate fairly manageable, Hammerstein is exploding left and right with crime. The defense unit stationed on Hammerstein is constantly being fired upon by convicts from unknown positions with custom made weapons. Where and how they acquired these weapons is currently unknown, however, with the amount of resources found on Hammerstein, it was likely that weapons and other technologies were going to be developed.

A military armada has been deployed and is on route to Hammerstein to try to maintain order; however, with criminals nothing is ever guaranteed. With no rules of engagement to follow, the Opanara Marine Corporation are out to kill and are equipped to wage an epic guerilla war with the hostiles on the surface of Hammerstein.

As an Opanara marine your objective is to establish a defensive perimeter and setup a base of operations once you land on Hammerstein. This is no easy task as Stygian hostiles are hiding in the shadows, underground and in buildings waiting to ambush the next ship that comes into orbit.

All Opanara marines are given Class-3 Spitfire assault rifles, 9mm Zeus pistols, fragmentation grenades and more than enough ammunition. Additional supplies and equipment can be dropped off by Heather Nova Drop ships if a commanding officer gives the go ahead. Other firearms can be pre-selected via, Access, a revolutionary technology for marines which allows them to connect directly to home base while on the battlefield using an interface which displays in the right corner of their helmet-visor. The selected firearms will be sent down with the next supply ship.

Note: Supply ships will land periodically, allowing surviving players to arm and heal themselves. Players will see them coming in from the sky and land somewhere in the map. In-game scripted events will allow this and many other actions possible in Half-Life 2 modifications.

Opanara marines are required to fight till death. If you run, any ranking marine is then given the right to terminate you. Your job is to not ask why, but to do and die.

All marines are given vehicle access; drop ships, combat tanks and battle jeeps are provided for marines to utilize if necessary. Engineers are provided with the tools to conduct repairs on these vehicles if they are required.

The combative strength of the Stygian hostiles is unknown. Weapons and equipment that are being used by them are unknown as well. What is known is that these hostile convicts have nothing to lose and will do anything to take down their enemy. Many of these men and women on Hammerstein have murdered hundreds--no marine will be sparred.

This is a generally a multi-player game with customizable options. A single player portion is unlikely, but the story and characters are in place; it's a matter of execution.

i like the idea - sounds like it could be very dynamic

sorry sorry to disapoint you but im from the future and none of this actualy happened.

2005-2010? Can you read? It says 2120. And crackhead please, if you have nothing constructive to say then don't bother saying anything. I understand, being a crackhead and all, that it is very hard for you to listen but please make an attempt.

Sorry I was experiencing dislexia Yesterday at 10:13 AM. Didn't mean to offend you... or the guerillas. The mod sounds interesting.

P.S. - I can read.

Back