How many GOTY awards is it now?

B

BlackJack37

How many 'Game of the Year Awards' has half-life 2 got now? How long do you think it will be until it tops the original half-life's score of 50. whether it was 50 or not, i'm not entirely sure plz correct me.
Another thing, do you think half-life 2 deserves more goty's than half-life?

If this has been posted before pl zforgive me, i just wanna know how hl2 is doing.

I doubt Half-Life 2 will recieve many game of the year awards as Half-Life, since the gaming industry is more competitive these days. I think it will recieve about +20 GOTY awards IMHO.

I don't think it deserves so much praise. It's good but I mean people should calm the frig down. They are just giving charity because they had such a hard time making it.

It's was great the first time and good the second time through. A game that has such little replay shouldn't be the "BEST OF ALL TIME"

But of course you all don't agree with me. geeze I think call of duty whooped farcry and exceeded my expectations a lot more than HL2.

What every. I just think this is silly. HL2 sure wasn't as ground breaking as HL1 and you can't deny that. It's just a more ambituous project.

um...peace.

Soem good points there wonkers, thanks for the quick response.

Adding to what you have said call of duty was a quality game, the single player i would have to say is on a par with half-life 2's, sorry to say, the single player campaign was just set apart from all teh previous world war 2 shooters and teh engine was pretty good.

I think people get mixed up sometimes, a game is truely innovative when it exceeds its expectations which half-life 1 did, but for half-life 2 this was impossible, how can a game exceed its expectations when they are so unbelivably high. camparing it to its predecessor is like comparing the latest star wars episodes to the originals, the pure hype of it being the next in series sort of sets it up for its own demise and disappointment, but when we look at half-life 2 in its enitrity set apart from half-life it does deserve a game of the year, hehehe maybe for just getting us so excited.

I don't care. Half-Life wasn't a great game because it won 50 GotY awards.

HL2 should win Game of the Year if.....it's the best Game of the Year. Not because of how many hours Valve put into making it or how much hype surrounded it or even whether it's better than the original.

Is it the best game of 2004? I'd have to say it's the best Game I played in 2004 by a long shot. The fact that it's such a close decision with other games just goes to show how much better games are getting - we should be happy about that at least.

(Waits to be flamed by all the retrogamers still happily playing on their Amigas and Commodores)

I didn`t count them but I know that I enjoyed hl1 more

I personally enjoy half life 2 more than half life 1, but thats my opinion.
*starts on fire*

It was the best game that i played this year... but i think it will gain some 30 goty's...

hmm, looks like you're all like me, too lazy to count :rolling: never mind, i'll count them myself and let u know :thumbs:

wonkers said:
I don't think it deserves so much praise. It's good but I mean people should calm the frig down. They are just giving charity because they had such a hard time making it.

It's was great the first time and good the second time through. A game that has such little replay shouldn't be the "BEST OF ALL TIME"

But of course you all don't agree with me. geeze I think call of duty whooped farcry and exceeded my expectations a lot more than HL2.

What every. I just think this is silly. HL2 sure wasn't as ground breaking as HL1 and you can't deny that. It's just a more ambituous project.

um...peace.

Hmmm The thread is "How many GotY awards" not whether YOU think it deserved it :| As for CoD, it was like an 8-10 game. HL2 took me 2x longer to beat and had a lot better plot/gameplay/graphics imo. HL2DM/CS:S are better than CoD MP imo... if I want WWII MP I would play BF1942 which is way better. See? We can go on forever about this... but the real question was how many GotY awared HL2 has won...

So, how many is it so far and from where?

HL2 should easily get probably 20. It deserves more than that but I just don't think they will give it that many because of Halo 2 and GTA: SA and the others...I thought it was alot better than HL.

BTW, Acer93, your right, BF1942 is way better and the BFV WWII mod is even better. I can't wait for BF2.

hl2 in my opinion is better than hl1 but the graphics to me were a little dissapointing

but thats just my opinion i still say it should get 20+ goty's

aremis said:
hl2 in my opinion is better than hl1 but the graphics to me were a little dissapointing

but thats just my opinion i still say it should get 20+ goty's
are you CRAZY the graphics were a little dissapointing??? They were better than Doom3!!! hl2 grafix |s t3h r0x0r5

Back