How much hard drive space will HL2 need?

chili pepper

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if a game like this requires at least 2 to 4 gigs of hard drive space (maybe more). After all, its the most advanced game ever made.

Originally posted by chili pepper
I wouldn't be surprised if a game like this requires at least 2 to 4 gigs of hard drive space (maybe more). After all, its the most advanced game ever made.

why must you ask rhetorical questions. Would you really think that Valve not giving us ANY info on multi-player aspects and modding aspects and pretty much everything else about the game, that they would tell us how much space it would take by now? They wont go into details till they've announced all the bigger shit.

Let's look at some games on my HD:
Battlefield 1942 - 2,7 Gb
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - 1,46 Gb
Neverwinter Nights - 2 Gb
Doom III alpha - 1,07 Gb

Considering that these games (even NWN with really old looking graphics) all reserve some major space on my HD it's more then likely that HL2 will require more then 3 gigabytes of space. I hope they release the game on dvd, I hate the struggle with 4 cds and such.

Well i got my 2 60GB's with 40 free on one of them and 10 on the other so im fine. And it wont change much in the future.

Valve is gonna lay the smack down on us and make the HL2 install size less than 500 MB :D

ok not really.

I guess dumb and selfanswer'd threads are a trend these days.

really to be honest...nobody knows how much space it will take up, how it will run on computers blah, blah, blah, just have to wait until Sept 30th :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ahhhh Pong! I remember pong. In fact I think my pong 'system' is still at my parents place in Toronto. I should go back for it...after the whole SARS thing dies down of course. :)

I would guess 3-4 gigabytes, it's pretty likely.

It's good graphics, many details, and a long game (longer than the original)

Originally posted by Razorwolf
Let's look at some games on my HD:
Battlefield 1942 - 2,7 Gb
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - 1,46 Gb
Neverwinter Nights - 2 Gb
Doom III alpha - 1,07 Gb

Considering that these games (even NWN with really old looking graphics) all reserve some major space on my HD it's more then likely that HL2 will require more then 3 gigabytes of space. I hope they release the game on dvd, I hate the struggle with 4 cds and such.

Ha
Bf1942 - 868 MB
Mafia - 1.86 GB
Vietcong - 1.3 GB
R6 3 Raven Shield - 1.91
Splinter Cell - 1.74
Enter the Matrix - 3.33 GB
JKII - 620 MB
HL and its Mods - 1.59 GB

Back