How the hell are we going to fight advisors? (mega spoilers)

Reaction score
we've been completely powerless against them before. during Eli's scene just one pins both you and Alyx, arguably the rebels' best warriors, against a wall with ease. Other times (such as in the hut) it was only luck that saved you and Alyx from being tentacle raped by just one advisor. And you still couldn't even do any damage to him.
will there be some sort of anti-advisor weapon? Discuss.

I think a Vortie' will lower the Advisors abilities, so he wont be able to pin you anywhere. Then you'll just swing random junk at it: Crates, Boxes, Barrels..

Well if anything it's going to involve the vorts since they seem to be the ones who know the most about the advisors.

I could see Kleiner or the BM scientists coming up with something.. depends on the nature of the advisors' psychic powers, really.

Their powers seem to involve telekinesis, mental control over physical objects, and ARE limited. I believe each Advisor can, at best, restrain two actively resisting entities and still remain functional. You'll note the baby Advisor you came across restrained Gordon and Alyx and remained free to examine an inanimate object and a corpse... later on, an adult Advisor was able to restrain yourself and Alyx but not Eli, who promptly smacked him with a pipe. Eli was only restrained when his Advisor buddy joined in and tag-teamed the trio of heroes.

I'm guessing we'll get a device that interferes with their telekinesis, generating a supression field of sorts. That, or the Vorts will naturally be able to supress their ability and allow us to blast them ;) We'll still have to deal with their robotic arms, and they may have other mechanical devices used for fighting us when their mental abilities fail...

I'm hoping that Episode 3 introduces the Long Distance Vehicular Mounted Railgun which the player utilizes to blow the living shit out of that Advisor that killed Eli.

I'm not emotionally invested in the HL storyline at all ;)

Doombringer, there is no baby advisor

After Hunters (just because of the sheer grief they've given me) Advisors have earned my contempt.

I thought of something along the lines of a psychic suppression device, but maybe I just watched the episode of Daniel Jackson as a prior in Stargate too much.

But who knows, anything is possible.

For Gordon Freeman to unlock the dormant potential of his superior mind and reverse the effects of the Advisor's mind control.
I can see everyone else against a wall and Gordon there with his rocket launcher... grinning.
Eli, this one's for you.
:sniper:

By destroying it's cyber-eyes (the googles right next to their face).

Yeah they'll just introduce the advisor buster and call it a day.

6a00c22529430ff21900cd9721c60b4cd5-200pi

Equipping the crowbar as your active weapon will nullify the Advisors control... You'll have to bat things that Dog throws at you towards them!

Gordon will speak, thus overloading their minds and causing them to explode...... as well as the player's.

I've seriously thought about this before, and I really think I have the perfect tactic, its so simple.......

TIN FOIL HATS

winar!

"Baby" advisor being the smaller one encountered in the barn. It was definitely smaller than those who assaulted Eli...

No, it appeared smaller because it was rapped by life support wires nd tubes, but i think the only larger advisor we may be seeing, will be the big bad mother f***er we see through out ep1, if he is still around, he seemed to be the one incharge, but i dunno how we're gona fight em, maybe we distract em while dog rips its resperator and eye peice off, then we get to watch it flop around like a fish while alyx gives him a good kick in the head. Thatd be a good moment

No, it appeared smaller because it was rapped by life support wires nd tubes, but i think the only larger advisor we may be seeing, will be the big bad mother f***er we see through out ep1, if he is still around, he seemed to be the one incharge, but i dunno how we're gona fight em, maybe we distract em while dog rips its resperator and eye peice off, then we get to watch it flop around like a fish while alyx gives him a good kick in the head. Thatd be a good moment

awesome as that would be, it disobeys the law of the hero doing all the cool things.

I dunno, probably some absurd shit involving the Vorts.

It's quite simple really, Magnusson will create a fake advisor from some plastic bags and plumbing parts, then put it in a dress, and fill it full of dynamite, and you will have the honor of pushing the big red button!

I reckon the Vorts and the Vortessence have something to do with it. The Vortessence can protect you (Or steal you away) from a powerful individual, such as the G-man, I am sure that it can somehow aid you against the struggle against the advisors.

Bolt_Crank said:
Equipping the crowbar as your active weapon will nullify the Advisors control... You'll have to bat things that Dog throws at you towards them!

He better not try to throw that darn dumpster again because, if he does, once I have pryed my splattered body from the ground he'll be scrap. :p

The advisors don't seem like the type of enemy you'll engage in actual combat - you'll probably have to defeat them indirectly somehow. Sort of like Breen or the tentacle creatures from the first HL.

As an aside, re-engaging the test rocket engine to defeat the tentacle creature was one of the coolest sequences of HL1 IMHO.

I know what you mean, like burning or freezing an advisor then smashing it with crowbar, thatd be cool

have a gun that shoots the ammo that Hunters use but there packed with A:napalm
B: poison of some sort
C: ur mom
D: salt(cause there slugs)

What just steal a tiny salt dispenser from a corner cafe just incase you meet and advisor, 'Take this you evil floating bag of something' (dabs salt on head, finds out the salt is jammed, unscrews the top and throughs the salt thing off it) 'HAHA!!' (advisor squeals in pain)

Portal Gun

Can't pin something down that can create a portal anywhere, anytime :cool:

Nice idea, or we'll confront GLaDOS just as 3 advisors enters the room and she turns on the turret defences lol, thatd be great to watch, and maybe we'll get a part in the action, maybe launching a rocket up the fat slugs arsecrack

GLaDOS pins you and alyx (with erm Shut up) to the wall when 2 advisors burst threw the wall. GLaDOS makes a remark on how they dont knock then launches rockets at them. They brush them away with their minds and GLaDOS starts to drone on at them. The advisors look at each other confused and bemused before pushing her mainframe half over. A cool battle commences and you and Alyx are dropped. Alyx makes a cheesy joke and you tip toe away, portal gun in hand.

I would like to see GLaDOS vs advisors/combine in general. it would be a flashback to the awesome "the enemy of my enemy is.. also my enemy" bits of hl1 (marines vs aliens etc)

It's possible that they can't tell the difference between humans and human sized objects, evidenced in the secuence in the barn were it picked up you, alyx, the reble and a barrell. Probably we'll rip of its external eye then throw things at it to distract/confuse it, most likly with dog there to help.

There is a hole in the sky, which through Advisors, can fly. Advisors always have a passageway to you. They bend the rules (Break objects). Kill with ummm.... Meh, I bet there'll be a device for it. I had a thought of the strong Gravity Gun, and flying cars.....

Blue gravity gun prop-tennis with an advisor, yeah I said that days ago.

Nice idea, or we'll confront GLaDOS just as 3 advisors enters the room and she turns on the turret defences lol, thatd be great to watch, and maybe we'll get a part in the action, maybe launching a rocket up the fat slugs arsecrack

Actually, they have an "arse" hole, see:
lolzzzzz.png

:D
hmm, they actually look cooler from that angle.

Back