HTC Vive Is Ready For Launch! - ValveTime News Round-Up (29th March 2016)

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the HTC Vive launching in one week, things have gone a little VR-crazy as Valve and HTC put the finishing touches on their latest major release. Major topics from this past week include the release of the Steam Desktop Overlay, confirmation of the Vive's "arrival" dates, a new look at the final SteamVR tutorial, and even a few game updates as Valve cleaned up bugs for both Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2!

To stay up to date with all the latest regarding Valve, don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for watching!

I find it kind of odd that they're not advertising their own Broadcast ability first. I understand that Twitch is the go to medium for watching live games, I get that, nor do I have a problem with them using Twitch at all. Does this lead to the end of Broadcasts? Does it mean that Valve and Twitch (a subsidiary of Amazon) are going to in some way merge? After all, Amazon is a competitor of Valve's with their own digital distribution. Why promote a competitor's product? Let me state again that I don't have anything against Twitch. I watch plenty of events on it. I just have to ponder the reasoning behind their choice.

Back